Location: Modderfontein, Johannesburg
Contract/ Perm: 6 – 12 months contract
Change Management Specification:
The Company’s Document Management Project
Issues found in The Company’s Documentation: Hard & Soft copies
• The Company’s South Africa have three active archive rooms on the parking basements which are utilised for document storage. Within these enclosed areas are multiple boxes & metal storage zippels with files, folders and hard copy printed documents. These areas were being managed by an outsourced company.
• In the mid 2019 year, the businesses moved offices & floors to accommodate the change or split of the PG business. All packing of boxes had also been supervised by the outsourced company.
• The archive rooms as well as the move from the rest of the building had been grossly mismanaged and resulted in the documents not being moved to the archive areas. Which means that the boxes of documents are currently still laying in the part of the building that was previously occupied & is no longer occupied by employees.
• Further, the archive rooms have had no controlled access, which means that currently any employee can gain access to the areas, even with confidential HR related documents and records being easily exposed to any employee.
• Boxes of documents that were to be moved to The Document Warehouse as well as Metro File are still laying in the areas, untidily. Also, no archiving has been effectively done and files and folders range from 1995 – 2019.
• This poses are a huge risk, as, in the event of legal proceedings, no document can be retrieved easily. Neither is there a dedicated manifest or document transmittal as to what belongs to which functional area or year. Also, risk in terms of the documents being rodent infested, electrical or other fires or types of flooding.
• Any audit will show this as a gross finding.
• The process to manage and archive these documents have either not been outlined, or if such was done, has not been followed effectively.
• Controlling area document owners have either left the business or been moved elsewhere in the business and therefore the accountability and responsibility has therefore shifted, which creates an issue of whats what & where to move what?
• The Document management project is being sponsored by The Company’s CO. The project will be run on the The Company’s Longmeadow campus premises. The stakeholders are the business leads & dedicated business resources. This project has a few phases to it.
• Phase 1: To kick off, gathering the dedicated internal The Company’s resources per business to advise and or delegate in segregating the type of documents that are in the building (whats what, which needs to be scanned, what must remain hardcopies as per the archiving procedure for The Company’s , and what needs to be shredded as per the archiving policy for The Company’s .
• In parallel, a dedicated supplier will be placed to manage the scanning in & shredding the related documents. All safety rules & project requirements will be complied to and managed accordingly.
• The data will be scanned into a platform that the supplier will get access to, and then uploaded (pdf versions) into an The Company’s document tool.
• All shredding will take place onsite at Longmeadow premises.
• The archiving areas will be turned into dedicated specifically access controlled document management areas, storing specific documents on site, keeping to the ISO & safety standards would be adhered to.
• Change management, audits, dedicated ownership and controls are a core part of Phase 1.
• Phase 2: On completion of phase1, then next step is to re-visit the documents that are in storage with Document warehouse and Metro File & then do the archiving procedure task on those documents, clearing out the old & scanning in the necessary.
• Phase 3: This would include the Alrode facility document management and the same will be rolled out to the Durban and Cape Town The Company’s Facilities.
• Phase 4: Continuous improvement and ROI.
• To create a strategy for Change Management so that each user becomes part of the solution of how, when, where, how long, and how to manage their documents. Change management will be a kick of wit the core team, a dedicated person on the project and will continue through the lifecycle of the project (estimated 18 months for phase 1).
"You must be able to attend a local interview to be considered for this role"
TRS Staffing does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant South African legislation. As per legislation, due consideration is given to previously disadvantaged individuals.
Our latest jobs
₹400000 - ₹600000
Mexico Distrito Federal
MEX$30000 - MEX$30000
Ciudad de México
₹300000 - ₹400000
Kurnool Andhra Pradesh
Mexico DF Distrito Federal
20 November 2020