United States Charleston
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
About the Career:
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our dynamic team of professionals in our Charleston, SC office. This position provides an opportunity for an established civil/environmental engineer to join our team of engineering and environmental scientists to provide a comprehensive range of services to our clients in civil and environmental engineering, surveying and environmental consulting.
What You’ll Learn and Achieve:
- Demonstrates and supports the companys core values
- Perform project work under supervision of Senior Engineer.
- Provide engineering solutions in site design, water, wastewater, stormwater, and environmental facilities to public and private clients.
- Perform construction oversight and field documentation.
- Coordinate design efforts with various other professional disciplines including geotechnical, surveying, hydrogeological, and environmental.
- Support business development efforts in conjunction with our sales team.
Interact with others and carry out all work-related activities in a manner which demonstrates a high level of professionalism. Specifically, individuals in this position will be required to:
- Maintain knowledge base of codes, regulations and guidelines relevant to required areas of specialty and appropriately applies this knowledge to consulting requirements for the client’s project requirements.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the latest technology and software available.
- Demonstrate a willingness to be supportive of and encouraging to other members of the organization.
- Understand and use good health and safety procedures.
- Complete projects and handle multiple tasks appropriately while getting quality results. Understand scheduling, cost control, estimating, and meeting client commitments. Develop and use early warning systems to determine when results are not on target and take corrective action.
- Represent the company well to others. Provide external clients with prompt and effective services.
- Safeguard and appropriately handle sensitive, confidential, or proprietary documents, data, and other information, written or oral.
- Adapt rapidly and effectively to changing conditions both internal and external to the group.
- Write clearly and concisely and present data and arguments in an organized fashion.
- Demonstrate an understanding and acceptance of the organization's core values, goals and philosophy while complying with all articles of the Personnel Manual.
- Find and champion new and better ways to get things done.
- Add value through level of contributions both within and outside the scope of daily responsibilities.
- BS in Civil or Environmental Engineering required
- 2+ years civil site, environmental, and/or infrastructure design experience (water, wastewater, drainage, roads)
- Construction management experience and knowledge of surveying principals are a plus
- EIT or PE in SC.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Word, and Excel experience required
- AutoCAD Civil 3D preferred
- Commitment to safety
- Corporate values that promote respect, integrity, and innovation
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental and vision insurance coverage
- Life Insurance Plans, including Accidental and Critical Illness plans
- Company-paid short and long-term disability insurance
- 401k plan with employer matching
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Paid Time Off and holiday leave
This Position Description is intended to provide a general guideline of the requirements, duties, and responsibilities this position. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive description of the position, nor is it intended to place limitations on the position. As with all positions in the company, the successful employee will constantly look for ways to contribute to the well-being of the company, and thereby to their own well-being and success in their own professional career.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
Our latest jobs
United States Greenville
$ 15 Hourly
United States Greer
United States Savannah
United States Greer
$ 25 Hourly
United States Spartanburg
€ 40000 - € 60000
United States Bluffton
$ 55 Hourly
United States Pasadena
United Kingdom Hull
22 September 2023