This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
TRS is currently recruting for Coating Inspectors for a major Offshore Wind Farm project. These are long term contract positions starting in April 2020.
Experience working on the client side is essential as you will be monitoring the main contractors work and performance
Reporting to the Senior Site Quality Lead, the Site Coatings Inspector will monitor and participate in the inspection & verification of workmanship of all coatings based on applicable project Specifications/Drawings and Employers Requirements. Proven knowledge of marine corrosion protection systems, design principals, relevant ISO, BS SIS, SSPC SP, NACE, GB & NORSOK standards. Previous experience in the evaluation of marine corrosion protected design, evaluation of process capability for corrosion protection, execution of corrosion inspections, recording and monitoring of corrosion protection production activities is a requirement.
- Support and monitor the EPCI contractor’s coatings inspection team to ensure that all ITP intervention points are being adhered to.
- Participate in technical meetings with both the EPCI Contractor & Fabrication Contractor
- Follow-up on coatings issues with both the EPCI Contractor & the Fabrication Contractor.
- Review of technical specification for corrosion protection & repair & rework procedures
- Inspection of prepared subjects for coating e.g. surface roughness and dust/chloride contamination
- Participate in any testing and verification walk downs prior to load out
- Follow-up on the results of testing and verification walk downs ensuring that any snag items are closed prior to load-out
- Review of all coating’s records contained within the As-Built Documentation
Participate in the first article inspection of all first off painted assemblies.
Qualifications & Attributes
- NACE Certified Level 3 Coatings Inspector
- 5 years project experience in coatings in a marine environment. More than 6 years in a supervisory or inspection role in corrosion protection activities for fabricated structures preferably offshore structures.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel/Word/PowerPoint
- Working at Heights Certification
- Full GWO offshore Certification.
Please apply via the links provided.
TRS Staffing Solutions (TRS) does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
TRS acts as an employment agency and employment business for permanent and temporary workers as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003
Please note! You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation before applying for any job.
Our latest jobs
Colombia City, WA
Market Related (Neg)
Durban, South Africa
Competitive salary package
£450 - £500 per day
19 February 2020
07 February 2020