• Provides assistance and support to CDCR in project marketing during bid time to maximize bidder participation; conducts preconstruction meetings.
• Maintains a liaison with the CDCR Project Director. Attend or conduct necessary meetings and informs the CDCR Project Director of construction progress, problems, and planned resolutions.
• Reviews the original schedule submitted by the contractor, provide comments and recommendations regarding the schedule and its approval by CDCR.
• Analyzes all design deficiencies at the time of discovery to assist CDCR in determining responsibility and extent of damages.
• Utilizes forms, formats, and standards provided by CDCR and implement policies and administrative procedures to which all project personnel, contractors, subcontractors, material suppliers, and others involved with the project will be required to adhere to.
• Reviews Request for Information (RFI) and submittals prior to submitting and after receiving response from A/E or responsible team member.
• Issues Proposed Change Orders (PCOs) within delegated limits consistent with CDCR’s policies
• Implements CDCR’s standardized procedure of project Change Order (CO) controls, and is responsible for the preparation of the state’s cost estimates; analyzes and report the effects of proposed and approved COs on the budget and schedule; and tracks completion and implementation of approved COs to minimize the impact on the project schedule.
• Executes correspondences to the Contractor(s) as the CDCR Representative for the project.
• Verifies that the General Contractor has an Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP) on the jobsite.
• Performs site walks to identify potential design, construction, and coordination problems.
• Organizes and conducts coordination and jobsite meetings with Contractors, A/E, CDCR, and others as required to ensure project coordination; and maintains and distributes meeting minutes.
• Coordinates construction activities with onsite inspectors.
• Coordinates A/E site trips.
• Administers the contract requirements and monitors the General Contractors (GC) coordination of work between the various contractors onsite in an effort to meet contract milestones without claims or damages to CDCR.
• Maintains and/or supervise support staff in the updating and maintenance of project document processing logs and CDCR Facility Planning, Construction and Management (FPCM) Facility Records and Management Enterprise (FRAME), SharePoint online document control system.
• Prepares construction contingency forecasts and monitors, verifies, and reconciles expenditures of contract construction budget funds.
• Manages contract milestones and provides assessment of liquidated damages.
• Coordinate and prepare monthly progress reports, biweekly contingency forecast reports, daily reports, milestone reports, action plans, issue papers, etc. for CDCR review and decision.
• Ensures that the onsite project contract files are maintained in accordance with CDCR project procedures.
• Expeditiously resolves disputes that may arise with contractor(s) and with Architectural/Engineering (A/E) consultants with a minimum of disruption to the project.
• Monitors work progress and sequencing for conformance with the approved Construction Contract Schedule. Also ensures that the contractor develops a plan of recovery when work falls behind schedule or makes revisions to contract schedule when contractor is deviating from planned sequencing and logic. Such monitoring of work shall include maintaining records regarding construction schedules and deliveries of construction materials and equipment.
• Pursuant to procedures provided by CDCR, represents and/or assists CDCR in review and resolution of contractor disputes and claims prior to arbitration. Maintain organized dispute files of documentation and records on all relevant decisions and facts relating to changes, clarifications, and COs through the term of the project. Records shall be maintained pursuant to CDCR standards and made available to CDCR personnel upon request.
• Assures that as-builts are being updated and reviewed during the course of the work.
• Ensures that all construction changes affecting telecommunication systems are approved by the CDCR Project Director with input from Telecommunications’ staff.
• Coordinate with Telecommunications’ staff on the construction completion dates so that the 60-day Notice to Proceed can be initiated.
• Maintains inventory and control of CDCR equipment.
• Manages warranties and guarantees during the contract closeout process.
• Manages the closeout of contracts and closeout procedures; to accomplish timely completion of construction contract deliverables, (i.e., COs, punch list, recommendation for acceptance, final payment, and warranties/guarantees) and provides final project evaluation reports.
• 15 years+ experience. Correctional and Health Care experience a plus.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to successfully manage difficult contractors, within the parameters available in the General Conditions.
• Demonstrated leadership skills. Ability to lead staff and project stakeholders through detailed procedures, verify regular compliance with those procedures and time-lines, to ultimately accomplish defined project goals.
• Experience successfully managing projects with multiple stakeholders. Ability to prioritize issues most important to project success and facilitate timely resolution of those issues involving by-in from several decision makers.
• Strong administrative and document control skills. Ability to track, file and report on project documents and communications. Experience tracking and reporting on project cost and schedule data, than using that data to take action towards successfully managing the project.
• Demonstrated experience managing the PCO and Change Order process. Ability to successfully determine the merit of a proposed cost or time issue, based on the contract documents and consultation with the Owner, than accurately respond to the contractor. Experience successfully negotiating cost and time issues with the Contractor.
To apply for this opportunity, please contact Omar Rodiguez;email: email@example.com
TRS Staffing Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. Employment decisions are based on job related criteria and not on the basis of any unlawful criteria. We ensure equal access to employment opportunities, services, and programs.
Must have legal right to work in the United States. We thank all applicants for their interest;however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Our latest jobs
$90000 - $110000
Goose Creek South Carolina
$70000 - $75000
Goose Creek South Carolina
25000 - 28000
£50000 - £60000
25000 - 28000
15000 - 18000
£55000 - £60000
£40-55k per annum
$100000 - $120000
CA$60 per hour
Vancouver British Columbia
20 March 2020
19 February 2020