Netherlands Amsterdam area
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
In this position, you will be responsible delivering cost-effective and innovative structural design & engineering output within your engineering discipline, compliant to the defined requirements and within agreed schedule and budget.
You will primarily work on tenders and studies. The studies can involve front end conceptual engineering, the initiation of new product developments, as well as the development of existing proprietary knowledge. The technical concepts include floating production technology, single point mooring technology and renewable energy solutions.
Furthermore, you will:
- Provide input to tender or study proposals; structural design deliverables, weight estimates, method statements, transport and installation engineering, hour budgets and schedules.
- Execute assigned study scope, supported by engineers and designers from the Structural Engineering Section or from an external design house.
- Establish technical project requirements and high-level concept selections.
- Verify the selected concept on patent infringements.
- Propose and develop innovative concepts.
- Act as technical knowledge centre for the discipline, provide pro-actively specialist support.
- Develop/ maintain a network in the industry, authorities and research institutes.
- Prepare and share effective papers and convincing presentations to Clients and Authorities like effectiveness of designs and methods.
You are more or less a ''father figure'' within the organization for the structural discipline. You are very experienced and will work on the very early stage of the projects. You will work in the Technology Management department, where you will improve core products and innovations and design new products (e.g. floating wind).
In this position, you will report to the Department Head Technology Management. You will be working from the office in the Amsterdam area and you are willing to travel occasionally (onshore, offshore, construction sites or with clients). You will closely cooperate with the Structural Engineering Discipline and with your colleague Technology Consultants and Technology Managers.
You are an experienced and creative Structural Engineer with a strong client orientation and planning and organisational skills. You have the (proven) ability to solves complex, abstract issues (in-depth) for which context thinking and vision are necessary. You are a driving force for continuous improvement/ innovation of processes, best practices, methods and/or systems for own focus area.
- You have a Bachelor/Master of Science in Structural, Civil or Naval Engineering
- Minimum of 15 years' experience in the Floating Production and/or Complex SPM industry in (leading) engineering positions
- Experience with and expert knowledge of regulatory requirements and other industry requirements, codes, practices and standards
- Experience with concept and product development
- Software literacy for structural engineering, design and analysis tools
- You are fluent in English, both written and verbal
- You are creative and committed to turn opportunities into results, and you solve bottlenecks and change approach if things are not working
- You take ownership, are reliable in delivering results and thinks and acts across boundaries of responsibilities
- You are already eligible to live and work in The Netherlands (EU passport holder).
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
Our latest jobs
$ 75000 - $ 110000
United States Denver
£ 30 - £ 90
United Kingdom Farnborough
$ 110000 - $ 150000
United States Riverside
$ 70000 - $ 90000
United States Charleston
United Kingdom Hull
22 September 2023