Location: Bedforview, Gauteng
Salary: Market related
Contract/ Perm: Perm
Credit Control Manager
• Maintain an effective and professional credit control system in the Insurance Industry.
• Ensure the team is effective and collections up to date monthly.
• Must have 10 years’ experience in credit control management.
• Must have matric.
• A diploma in credit control management and an insurance qualification an advantage.
• Able to demonstrate experience within Credit Control in the Insurance Industry
• Computer literate
• Possess an advanced understanding of Word, Excel, Mail Merges and V-lookup functions.
• Must have the ability to prioritize
• Accuracy / high attention to detail
• Must be able to take initiative
• Must be able to identify and solve problems effectively
• Problem-solving, effective planning and organizational skills
• Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities and assignments
• Able to direct and lead others to produce desired results
• An experienced team player, bring enthusiasm and energy into group efforts
• Must have exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills
• Excellent communication skills essential, both written and verbal
• Strong diary & time management skills
• Meeting of deadlines.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Plan and initiate strategies for premium collections.
• Ensure that tight credit control is maintained on all outstanding insurance premiums through coordination of all collection activities and management of credit control staff:
o ensures prompt collections
o Correct payment allocations
o Account reconciliations
• Where required, initiate proceedings to ensure outstanding debts are bought to a satisfactory conclusion
• Develop and implement collection policies and procedures and review same on a regular basis and submits appropriate improvement plans and strategies
• Identify and apply changes in the insurance industry.
• Accuracy and high attention to detail.
• Monitors and controls the outstanding premium book.
• Compiling of reports for Finance. Commissions, debit commissions, debit order submissions, age analysis.
• Compiles, disseminates and monitors implementation of collection policies, procedures and FSB regulations.
• Ensures maintenance of broker database in terms of FAIS
• Analyze arrear premiums on monthly basis.
• To ensure strict and continuous follow-up of outstanding premiums.
• Regularly review non-performing brokers in terms of late payments and plans/strategies for recovery of those premiums.
• Performs other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
• Prepare operational analysis of monthly results & trends.
• Implement, recommended and maintained credit control standards, process flows (policies and procedures).
• Ensure that staff complies with the company’s internal control/risk evaluation
• Actively train credit controllers and accounts/reconciliation clerks
o Targets/goals to be met
o Staff performance
• Handling of queries and feedback to internal/external customers.
• Continuous improvement of service delivery in terms of service level agreements and optimize performance management.
• Develop relationships with clients and sales through on-going communication.
• Optimize business process efficiency.
• FSB maintenance
Ensure that the FSP is compliant in terms FAIS
Agency applications and ensuring all documents are up to date.
"You must be able to attend a local interview to be considered for this role"
TRS Staffing does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant South African legislation. As per legislation, due consideration is given to previously disadvantaged individuals.
Our latest jobs
$39520 - $41600
Anderson South Carolina
MEX$150000 - MEX$200000
Mexico Distrito Federal
$85000 - $110000
Vancouver British Columbia
Doha Middle East
R80000 - R120000
Gauteng South Africa
Johannesburg South Africa
Mexico DF Distrito Federal