My client and energy efficiency company operating in the maritime sector are looking to add a data engineer to their team in central London on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Product Development Lead, this exciting role will lead the development of their database systems and will provide subject matter expertise in data science, data handling and database construction.
• Develop and maintain company datasets.
• Provide subject matter expertise in relation to data science, data handling and database construction.
• Analysis and transformation of raw data received from systems in operation.
• Ability to combine data from different sources to create a System Performance Database.
• Apply best in class techniques in relation to data monitoring, quality control and data acquisition as relevant to data drawn from ships deploying ALS and across the wider business.
• Work with the Performance Analyst to standardise methods of data capture from ships and ensure quality and consistency in the System performance Database.
• Assist the Performance Analyst in preparing System Performance Reports for customers.
• Support the creation of user interfaces associated with the data analysis tools being constructed under the AI programme. Tools associated with interrogation of data as will be held in the repositories.
• Support the creation of ‘Dashboards’ to relay to management the interpretation of ALS performance that can be taken from a dataset.
To be considered for this role you should have:-
• Higher Degree in Computer Science, IT, engineering or a similar field
• A minimum of four years’ experience working in data engineering.
• Previous experience working in small or start-up organisations desired (but not essential).
• A clear and demonstratable understanding of best practice associated with data handling, database construct, data quality and similar.
• Experience of using multiple programming languages. As a minimum Python and Java are required.
• Able to design and develop relational SQL databases.
• Demonstratable experience with GIT version control Is desirable.
• Strong statistical knowledge and experience is desirable.
This is a permanent role based in Marylebone offering a very competitive salary and an opportunity for career progression.
To apply for this opportunity please contact Laura Mansell or apply via the link below.
TRS Staffing does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant UK legislation. Please note! You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation before applying for any job.
TRS Staffing acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment & an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies
Our latest jobs
Dubai Middle East
MEX$35000 - MEX$35000
Ciudad de Mexico Mexico
P.O Box : 55976, Doha, Qatar
Doha Middle East