This position will provide support for any role in Project Document & Data Management (PDDM) in an efficient manner while maintaining effective communication with Project Client, Engineering Subcontractors, internal taskforce members and field personnel.
• Receiving, logging, tracking and monitoring engineering and supplier drawings and documentation in an electronic data management system (EDMS).
• Processing all drawings and documentation requirements as outlined by pre-set schedules to ensure deadlines are met.
• Performing quality assurance for all outgoing and incoming controlled documentation.
• Coordinating supplier and engineering drawings routings.
• Setting up document control files for both engineering and supplier documents.
• Interacting with IT, clients and engineering groups to set up of electronic systems on projects.
• Compiling documentation lists as requested as requested by project managers.
• Maintaining drawing files, archives and electronic files in project databases.
• Fulfilling requests for drawings and documentation.
• Liaising with vendors and managing the documentation flow between vendors, engineers and clients.
• Handling, distributing and completing incoming communications including electronic transmittals.
• Issuing and distributing controlled documents according to the distribution matrix.
• Preparing reproduction orders and creating electronic and hard-copy transmittals.
• Working within directory structures for filing and strong electronic drawing files.
• Completing project work to deadlines and appropriate standards.
• Recommending methods and techniques for improving quality, productivity and deadline adherence.
• Post-secondary education
• EDMS experience
• Minimum (5) years of experience in document control, particularly in an engineering, procurement, construction environment.
• Thorough knowledge of engineering terms and document types.
• Attention to detail and strong work ethic in fast paced environment.
• Knowledge of engineering terminology and engineering documents.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to set priorities and multi-task.
• Advanced computer skills, including experience with, Excel, MS Office, Adobe Acrobat Professional, and Windows.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those who work in Canada will be considered for this position and only those selected for interviews will be contacted. TRS is an equal opportunity company.
TRS Staffing Solutions (Canada) Inc. specializes in supplying engineers, designers, project managers, and other technical and professional services to a broad spectrum of industries worldwide.
To apply for this position, please send your word formatted resume to email@example.com.
Our latest jobs
Maputo, South Africa
Saint John, New Brunswick
35.000-43.000€gross per year
03 September 2019
06 August 2019