This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
The E&I Engineer
The position will help develop a reliability strategy that includes: long/short term objectives, reliability engineering, electrical integrity management interaction (PSM), predictive & preventive maintenance plans and strategies, input/guidance on budget & cost control, directing maintenance & contractor activity oversight (repair/overhaul), contractor strategy & performance input, spare parts recommendations, equipment data management, and mentorship to employees concerning equipment reliability.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and competencies:
• Develop plant equipment reliability procedures that focus on employee safety guided by equipment industry best practice.
• Provides input on work prioritization of plant equipment repairs to meet site objectives and goals.
• Provide leadership and support to ensure Electrical Integrity program is in compliance with OSHA requirements and Company policies.
• Ensure effective utilization and integrity of the computerized maintenance management system (Maximo), including program and equipment upgrades, training, implementation, and modifications as needed to meet established goals and objectives.
• Provide technical support to Engineering, Maintenance, Operations, Inspection, Process and Project personnel regarding selection, operation, maintenance, troubleshooting and long-term reliability of plant equipment.
• Support to area(s) including: PM/PDM programs, maintenance benchmarking activities, and implement and share Strategic Maintenance Performance Metrics to improve cost productivity, plant reliability, and achieve "World Class" maintenance excellence.
• Lead document reviews, performance testing and shop inspections for major electrical equipment.
• Lead team effort for the continuous improvement of equipment reliability through the development and application of effective reliability strategies such as: risk-based maintenance strategies, identification & assessment of risks, root cause and bad actor analysis, and spare parts reviews.
• Perform troubleshooting activities for Electrical, Instrumentation, and DCS system.
• Participate on pre-commissioning and commissioning activities that includes witnessing equipment installation.
• Provide team input on the final check-out of new installations. This includes factory and site acceptance testing that will assure adherence to functional specifications.
• Lead RCA/RCFA investigations on premature equipment failures as needed.
• Lead team equipment capabilities to partner with equipment vendors and repair shops to resolve technical issues or complex equipment repairs.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, AND/OR REGISTRATIONS
• None required.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND/OR TRAINING
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering required.
• Three (3) – Five (5) years working in chemical or petrochemical industry required.
• Working knowledge of industry codes and standards (IEC, NFPA, ANSI, IEEE, NEMA, etc.) required.
• Experience in testing and commissioning of electrical power equipment (type testing, field testing, factory testing, etc.) preferred.
• Experience in troubleshooting and maintenance of Instrumentation and DCS System preferred.
• Experience working with predictive maintenance tools preferred.
Our latest jobs
Ciudad de México
Lake Charles, LA
Ciudad de Mexico