Job Title: EH&S Engineer
Department: EHS& Sustainability
No of positions 02 Nos. – MP & Rajasthan
About SoftBank Energy
SB Energy, also known as SB Energy Global, is a multinational renewable energy corporation operating in India, the United States, and Europe. The company was formed in 2015 as a subsidiary of Japanese multinational conglomerate SoftBank Group Corp. As of October 2019, SB Energy has 7.2 gigawatts (GW) of contracted renewable energy projects globally, of which over 1.5 GW are operational. Additionally, SB Energy has made investments in renewable technology companies, including the battery company ESS, Inc.
SB Energy entered the United States energy market in 2019 by acquiring five contracted utility-scale solar projects from Intersect Power, increasing its contracted development pipeline by 1.7GW. SB Energy and Intersect Power are continuing their partnership in developing an additional 2.9GW of early to mid-stage projects in California and Texas.
SB Energy has recognized environment protection, health management and occupational safety & Sustainability (EHS&S) as one of the most important elements in the organization’s sustainable growth and has closely linked it to SB Energy values. We continually strive to create a safe working environment by being responsive, caring and committed to the various needs governing the security and well-being of employees. Prevention of health hazards, accidents, and incidents of injury , Risk reduction plans is a key element of our company’s sustainable strategy and an integral part of our business processes
Basic Function (Needs work)
You’ll be the EHS& Sustainability leader for managing and implementing the environment, health safety & Sustainability (EHS&S) requirements of the Wind Project in MP or Rajasthan. The role will be to ensure the project is constructed in compliance with applicable EHS legal and other requirements. This position is responsible for close coordination with EPC Management for implementing the agreed legal contractual requirements. The EH&S leader reports directly to the Head – EHS&S Projects
• Engage with Project execution team of SB Energy and EPC for implementation of effective EHS&S Management System.
• Implement, monitor and report all regulatory compliance and Contractual requirements pertaining to EHS&S
• Ensure EHS&S from planning through to services, managing team competences and by forming strong working alliances with SB Energy & EPCs contractors
• Maintain EHS & Sustainability metrics MIS Sheet of projects
• To co-ordinate all activities related to ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001/ ISO 45001 & SA 8000 & handle matters for upcoming certification standards
• To identify, analysis and control of all the high-risk activities and hazards in the projects and appropriate corrective & Preventive actions to mitigate it.
• To implement Sustainability initiatives including SB Energy Framework as instructed by management.
• To engage with Partners and site leaders on compliance related to legal , Contractual requirements and best industry practices
• Experience minimum 08 years, mandatory 2 years with Wind projects
• Degree/Diploma in engineering & Full time Post Diploma in Industrial Safety, approved by State government. (Electrical Engineer Preferred)
• Should have managed a site leader EHS role in mature organization
• Strong communication, leadership and influencing skills
Our latest jobs
R0.01 - R0.02
Johannesburg South Africa
£550 per hour
Coventry West Midlands
CA$65 per hour
Vancouver British Columbia
Mexico DF Distrito Federal
₹800000 - ₹1200000
₹750 per hour
20 March 2020
19 February 2020