• Oversee electrical work for Substation HV, Gen Tie, distribution and PV Plant to ensure all work is performed to above average standards. Soft Bank owns the projects and expects them to be built with quality beyond the average norms.
• Assist in the work scope development, as needed, during the course of construction.
• Manage construction processes to effectively meet contract scope while monitoring quality and schedule performance.
• Issue reports as directed to Owner and key stakeholders.
• Document and record activities Daily, Weekly and Monthly to maintain project schedule.
• Review, manage and initiate field change requests to document field discrepancies.
• Manage the adherence to the client’s respective prints and specifications.
• Serves as the primary communicator between site teams and project management.
• Responsible and accountable for overall project performance during commissioning and testing of the plant systems.
• Lead site job walks with key engineering, construction and contract management personnel.
• Possesses a strong knowledge of electrical schematics and operating systems from the PV field through the Substation to local distribution.
• Ensures electric field teams understand their respective responsibilities from commencement of work through testing, commissioning and final term out.
Extensive knowledge of construction management practices applicable to electrical utility lines and substation construction including commissioning of electrical equipment, Gas Breakers, GSU Transformers and VLF cable testing.
• Manage EPC contractors throughout the project working on electrical systems, Inverters, Pad Mount Transformers, Medium voltage cables and substation construction.
• Knowledge of fiber optic circuits and components.
• Oversee underground cable installation to ensure zero defects during term out.
• Review all scopes of work within the substation construction and energization phases to be overlapping with all other scopes related for seamless interconnection with the local utilities.
• Knowledge of government regulations, including OSHA, NEC and industry codes affecting electric utilities.
• Ability to read and interpret mechanical/electrical drawings and technical manuals.
• Assist PM by updating and maintaining schedules
• Working knowledge of best practices in Safety and their procedures.
• Excellent written and verbal communications.
• Effective leadership skills.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
• OSHA 30 training
• 10 years in substation construction and operations.
• 10 years in medium voltage underground installations.
• 5 years in large scale utility solar construction.
• Results oriented.
• Lean thinking and its promotion and practice.
• Possess a valid Driver’s License
• Willing to travel and work in remote locations.
• Maintain COVID – 19 awareness and adhere to company policies
For more information or to apply, please contact Stephanie Warneke at Stephanie.Warneke@TRSStaffing.com.
Our latest jobs
Coventry West Midlands
£50000 - £65000
Mexico Distrito Federal
Mexico DF Distrito Federal
Prakasam Andhra Pradesh
Mexico DF Distrito Federal