You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Job based in Glasgow.
What is the Role?
The client has an exciting opportunity for an HV Project Engineer to join our multi-disciplined Project Engineering team to help develop and deliver innovative solutions to high voltage electrical substation projects, helping to unlock the renewable generation potential in the North of Scotland and contributing towards the UK's Net-Zero targets.
The key duties & responsibilities will be:
- Creating outline scope, site location plans, primary plant layout and Single Line Diagrams for new build and asset replacement type projects, operating up to 400kV.
- Reviewing contractor/consultants detailed designs and witnessing Factory Acceptance Testing.
- Implementing safety by design principles to ensure that engineering and safety risks are adequately controlled.
- Support site and operational teams to ensure the quality of installations, with minimal risk to Network security.
- Evaluate tenders and procure and manage specialist services from consultants.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- A good awareness of the technical functions in Transmission, along with an appreciation of legal and regulatory obligations and project governance and engineering processes.
- An understanding of the legislation and implications for the Transmission network management for both Assets and Projects, including Construction Design Management & Electricity Safety, Quality and Continuity Regulations.
- You must be a problem solver with the strength of character to ensure critical matters are addressed by the project teams.
- Enthusiastic with excellent communication skills, with the ability to demonstrate diligence and prioritise tasks.
If you are interested in this role please apply, or call the London office on: 0207 419 5800
TRS Staffing does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant UK legislation. Please note! You should make yourself aware of how IMMIGRATION LAWS apply to your situation before applying for any job. TRS Staffing acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment & an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
Our latest jobs
United Kingdom Coventry
United Kingdom Swindon
United Kingdom Farnborough
$ 19 Hourly
United States Ladson
Netherlands Europoort Rotterdam
27 February 2024
16 February 2024