The Work Package Owner (WPO) is the primary responsible person for the management of the packages and discipline assigned to him/her. Under the leadership of the Site Engineering Manager and directly supporting the Construction Manager, work with the engineering team, field supervisors and contractors responsible for safely executing construction for the assigned discipline in accordance with the drawings, specifications, budget and schedule. Responsibility includes the financial and technical management of the assigned contracts.
The Work Package owners are assisted by the Field Supervisors, who will interact and support with field activities on a regular basis.
The WPO must manage his time carefully to be able to attend to his office and fieldbduties. It is estimated that a WPO should split his time approximately 70% for office work and 30% for the field work.
Principal Job Duties & Responsibilities
• The WPO is the site-wide Manager for the assigned discipline and its associated contracts/subs. He/she is responsible for ensuring adherence to contractual requirements, including HSE, commercials, quality and schedule.
• Ensure contractors’ compliance of assigned scope to the project drawings, specifications, client requirements and applicable codes for the assigned packages.
• Full engagement in the development of the HSE culture on the project. Participate actively in HSE program and meet HSE Leadership Engagement matrix requirements.
• Address with his/her Contractor directly where HSE performance falls below expectations.
• Assist with special/life critical permits review and signoff as per the Authorized Permit Signatory requirements matrix.
• Liaise with engineering team and expedite deliverables to ensure compliance with schedule needs.
• Expedite resolution of technical issues.
• Coordinate with the client for items requiring technical or commercial resolution for the assigned package.
• Monitor submittal and contractor procurement schedule and ensure in compliance with project schedule
• Lead weekly meeting with contractors and in coordination with contracts team
• Prepare construction packages scopes of work and support bid process to ensure full alignment to project requirements during tender stage
• Participate in First of a Kind process and follow through on resolution of any associated open items. Ensure contractor develops and executes to FOKs to plan
• Lead coordination of Change Orders (PCN’s) with Project controls whenever there is a deviation, trend or change in contractor scope.
• Review change order costs to ensure full alignment to scope and contractual requirements.
• Review Method statements for the assigned contractors & discipline.
• Ensure that contractor completes and hands over Quality and Turnover documentation in a timely manner.
• Bridge lessons learned across the project. Ensure that issues and lessons learned in DSM are passed on and timely addressed in Fill Finish,CUB and other areas.
• Participate in handover walk downs and support with punch list development.
• Ensure all handover and record documentation is handed over by contractor in a timely manner.
Our latest jobs
CA$70000 - CA$150000
£50000 - £55000
Greenville South Carolina
£55000 - £65000
€32000 - €45000
€60000 - €70000
$150000 - $165000
San Leandro California
Mexico Distrito Federal