You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
Our client is proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects they execute. They are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so that their employees and stakeholders can benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
Scope of Activities:
Our client is focusing on developing long-term relationships with customers in revamping, debottlenecking and expanding the production capacity of their existing facilities in the process Industry in the (South) West of the Netherlands. The Bergen op Zoom and Rotterdam offices provide the full project execution services: from conceptual engineering through commissioning and construction support. Our client has the unique market capacity to offer integrated solutions to their clients/projects. This includes fabrication, modularization and maintenance.
The Piping Design & Engineering group is a dynamic team in which engineering, design and leadership skills are combined to effectively support our clients. In addition to a solid education focusing on engineering and/or design, a strong set of personal competencies is a prerequisite for success. Being a team player and having an ability to interact effectively with clients organization and others disciplines in our taskforce is essential.
In these projects the Piping design team is responsible for the routing of pipe systems, and the complete lay-out of the plant. E.g. Equipment locations, locations of new structures and platforms.
Our client's target industries are Oil & Gas, Chemicals, Renewable (Green) Energy solutions, life science and advanced manufacturing.
They work within a task force for the realization of multi-discipline projects in close cooperation with vendors and clients to translate functional specifications into technical solutions.
The successful candidate must be able to:
- Perform design development in several project phases e.g. conceptual design, front-end design, detail engineering and design and plant commissioning for integration of new facilities in revamp type project as well for grass-root type of projects.
- Input to Basic Engineering Design Packages and Writing of contractors scope of work
- Supervision, planning, organization of the work:
- Lead /coordinate a piping design team (4-15 people); Assign, monitor and manage the work.
- Prepare schedules, estimates, manpower forecasts and apply change-risk management.
- Communicate and align with clients, vendors and other disciplines.
- Supervise and act as mentor for a group of junior and intermediate level designers.
- Assign and monitor the work executed in the Fluor global engineering execution centers.
- Promote and support Value improvements initiatives and Continuous Performance Improvement
- Interpret, set-up an mark up of P&ID's
- Interpret, set-up and mark up Line designation list
- Participate in design reviews within the Project team
- Work independently, controls / leads small teams including offshored work
- Have practical knowledge of field installations
- Assure quality of work assigned, assure technical integrity of design documents
- Proactive reporting project status and constraints to the Piping Lead
Basic Job Requirements
- 10 to 15 years relevant working experience with an engineering contractor, or production company in the process industry.
- Extensive practical field experience
- Working knowledge of and ability to interpret Piping and Instrumentation Diagram (P&ID) update master P&ID and pipe line list
- Design with 3D tools, such as Smartplant 3D or E3D.
- Auto Cad proficiency, preferable
- Exhibit understanding of pertinent coders and governing regulations and industry practices
- Knowledge of PED requirements
- Bachelor WTB / Mechanical degree or equivalent
- Leadership skills
- Extensive knowledge of piping design
- Candidates shall be fluent in both Dutch and English.
- Written and verbal communication with our Clients is as well in Dutch as English.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Be able to multi-task between several projects
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
Our latest jobs
Netherlands The Hague region
United Kingdom Woking
₹ 2500000 - ₹ 3200000
Netherlands Europoort Rotterdam
₹ 2000000 - ₹ 3000000
United Kingdom Farnborough
₹ 800000 - ₹ 4800000
22 September 2023