This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
FUNCTION: MECHANICAL SENIOR DESIGN ENGINEER
SALARY: MARKET RELATED
NB: VACANCIES ARE APPLICABLE ONLY FOR SOUTH AFRICAN LOCAL CITIZENS
“This is a perfect opportunity for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer with EPC/EPCM experience within the Petrochemical Industry to promote the Client’s competitiveness within the global marketplace by delivering quality services of unmatched value and technical competence.”
- Develop and review project scope of services, scope of facilities and other project baseline documents for all phases of projects.
- Managing and leading a large project.
- Advanced knowledge of discipline codes and standards, commercial availability and cost of materials.
- Project set-up, developing control-level schedules, progress reporting and project close-out.
- Develop and review estimates and schedules, progress reports, including manpower forecasts.
- Develop and review specifications, including design criteria.
- Participate in activities associated with equipment and material procurement, permitting, and subcontracting.
- Incorporate health, safety and environmental factors in design.
- Develop and update job execution plans.
- Assign work to teams, monitor and manage work.
- Establish and lead the squad check effort for vendor equipment documentation for assigned equipment.
- Prepare/ review scopes of work for third party contracts.
- Support proposal and estimate activities.
- Identify deviations in job scope, estimate magnitude of changes and initiate trends or change orders.
- Deliver quality work and adhere to the Operating System Requirements (OSR).
- Execute project work in accordance with approved Activity Plans.
- Effort-hour estimating and staff forecasting.
- Practical field experience.
- Other duties as assigned
- Accredited four (4) year degree or global equivalent in engineering field of study and ten (10) years of work-related experience.
- Must be ECSA registered.
- Intermediate computer and software skills to include the use of word processing, e-mail, spreadsheet and electronic presentation programs.
Tanya De Bruyn
+2731 207 5145
TRS Staffing does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant South African legislation. As per legislation, due consideration is given to previously disadvantaged individuals.
Our latest jobs
£500 per day
£80 per hour
£65-75k per annum
Market Related (Neg)
Durban, South Africa
Lake Charles, LA
Ciudad de México
19 February 2020
07 February 2020