Job Title: Mechanical Engineer (Snr Design Engineer)
Salary: Market related
Contract/ Perm: Contract
Mechanical Engineer - Senior Design Engineer, Grade 21 (Alternatively Grade 20, dependent on availability of suitable candidates)
Job specific requirements/skills;
• Experienced in materials handling related design, including belt conveyor design, material transfers and bulk materials storage design [Sidewinder and/or Newton design package experience is a plus].
• Experienced in materials processing plant design, including plant layout, comminution circuits/plants, DMS plants (diamonds/coal) and concentrator plants (copper/gold/platinum).
• Experienced in the procurement of large materials handling/process plant equipment such as mills, crushers, flotation cells, thickeners, filters, etc.
• Experienced in pump and pumping systems design.
• Good working knowledge of piping design as related to mining environment, including HDPE piping, rubber lined and basalt lined piping.
• Project construction and/or commissioning experience preferred.
Required experience range;
• This is a senior engineering position, with the candidate required to act independently in a lead engineering role (and assume select project engineer/EM responsibilities as needed on MPG studies).
• Minimum of 10 years work related experience - Mining Environment, Materials Handling, EPCM project.
• 4 year Engineering Degree / National Higher Diploma / BTech Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
• Professional Registration with Engineering Council of South Africa (ECSA) is preferred
• Registration with Engineers Registration Board of Botswana (ERB) or eligible to obtain registration within 3 months after taking employment
TRS Staffing does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant South African legislation. As per legislation, due consideration is given to previously disadvantaged individuals.
Our latest jobs
$100,000 - $150,000
Kathu, Northern Cape
$150,000 - $200,000
$55 - $75/hour