We are seeking a skilled O&M Field Service Engineer to join our client's dynamic team. This is a Direct Hire position, in the field, based in Hobbs, NM.
Summary of position:
The O&M Engineer is responsible for working to maintain Utility & commercial inverters, PV Solar equipment and customer site equipment in the field at the assigned site. Duties include but not limited to: commissioning, troubleshooting, repairing, and analyzing Utility & commercial inverter applications, regular working with low & medium voltage electricity, and maintaining excellent customer service activities while assigned at a customer site(s).
• Commissions, troubleshoots, repairs, and analyzes company’s commercial inverters in the field, via email, telephone and site visits.
• Develops a detailed knowledge of company’s commercial inverter products, associated accessories, and third party accessories that are sold by company for use with the inverters.
• Maintains a working knowledge of the applicable National Electric and Electrical safety code(s) (NEC, NFPA70E, NESC, OSHA)
• Regularly works with high voltage DC electricity, Low & Medium voltage three phase power, SCADA or 3rd party monitoring and the relevant software and firmware of the inverters site equipment.
• Maintains a high level of customer satisfaction while striving to lower the costs of field service.
• Working from heights, on ladders or lift equipment. Ability to operate or experience in forklifts.
• Will work from Remote Home office and travel as required to SMA or customers sites.
• Other duties as may be required or assigned.
Requirements / Must Haves:
• An Associate’s degree or higher in a technical field is strongly preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years' experience in electrical, electronic and/or network communications are required.
• At least 2 years experience in PV Solar and/or PV Solar O&M.
• California Electrical License or Electrical Contractors license preferred.
• NABCEP Certification strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of solar and/or alternative energy markets is preferred.
• Knowledge of National Electric Code(s) and Electrical Safety Code(s) is preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
• Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, is required. German and/or Spanish language skills are a plus.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) is required.
• Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy are required.
• Ability to analyze and solve problems effectively.
• This position requires infrequent domestic and international travel.
To apply for this opportunity, please contact Christine Garcia at email@example.com, 949-349-4220.
TRS Staffing Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. Employment decisions are based on job related criteria and not on the basis of any unlawful criteria. We ensure equal access to employment opportunities, services, and programs.
Must have legal right to work in the United States. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Our latest jobs
Colombia City, WA
New York, NY
Market Related (Neg)
Durban, South Africa
Competitive salary package
R600 000 – R800 000 pm
19 February 2020
07 February 2020