You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
The Project Information Manager works as a member of the Project Management Team to promote optimized project delivery through its lifecycle. As an active and visible promoter of the use of integrated, cost-effective and appropriate technology in order to facilitate core business practices, the Project Information manager provides effective communication of accurate data, documents and information within a project environment utilizing specified applications, systems technology and tools, to deliver Project life cycle information management in accordance with Customer requirements.
The Project Information Manager (PIM) holds ultimate responsibility for selection of software to best meet project\client objectives, development of the overall project systems roadmap with system interfaces, implementing project systems and championing the project Information Management strategy, including implementation planning, delivery, management and support to ensure project and customer requirements are met.
This responsibility extends to coordination and integration where required of Project Delivery Systems across all functions and disciplines.
Based on project size and complexity, the Project Information Manager stewards and participates in the following activities, but may not actually perform the work.
- Establishing the Project Information Management Plan.
- Being the project focal-point for data-centric execution.
- Establishing methods for data governance and the protection of confidential information.
- Educating the team in the Information Management requirements and the benefits to be gained.
- Identification of systems training requirements and coordinating delivery of same.
- Developing and maintaining project-specific systems work practice documentation.
- Ensuring effective systems interfaces and optimized work processes.
- Implementing and enforcing common standards and work practices that facilitate multi-office/company project execution (work-sharing) and electronic data interchange
- Defining and enforcing processes that ensure appropriate access controls over electronic project documents and data.
- Managing of Project collaboration and file sharing facilities.
- Building and managing a competent project team for data coordination, systems support and development.
Knowledge / Experience / Competencies Required
- Knowledge of the Engineering / Procurement / Construction / Management (EPCM) project execution process and an understanding of how systems fit within the context of this process
- Experience in Project Information within a project environment is required
- Knowledge of methods for data-centric execution
- Familiarity with Agile work practices and Scrum methodology & experience with fit-for-purpose delivery methods is preferred
- Knowledge of data modelling and industry standard data handover specifications (eg. CFIHOS, BIM) is preferred
- Broad working knowledge of systems related to the design, construction, and operation of energy-related capital projects, including engineering design systems, data and document management systems, and project systems (estimating, project controls, procurement, construction, commissioning systems and information technology) with specific expertise in one or more of these disciplines.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience within the EPCM or the E&P (Exploration and Production) industries, in a relevant role and with strong project execution experience, is required.
- Experience in project delivery for the Energy, Chemical, Mining or Infrastructure sectors
- Degree or Diploma in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or Business is preferred
- Previous experience with one or more Project Delivery Systems is preferred.
- Working knowledge of database management systems; familiarity with MS SQL, SSIS, SSRS is advantageous.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office suite/O365.
- Previous working experience with SharePoint, PowerAutomate, PowerApps and PowerBI is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Windows OS.
- Basic understanding of IT infrastructure and networking.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including technical writing with Project & Client teams.
- Ability to provide leadership in project delivery & execution
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
Our latest jobs
$ 25 Per Hour
United States Mount Vernon
CA$ 100000 - CA$ 130000
₹ 1 Hourly
South Africa Durban
Netherlands Europoort Rotterdam
₹ 800000 - ₹ 1000000
Netherlands Europoort Rotterdam
€ 1 Yearly
22 September 2023