Raleigh North Carolina
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
As a project manager with an award-winning team, you will perform the job duties and functions as listed with the overall objective of establishing and executing projects in a manner that ensures the safety, quality, value, timeliness, and profitability of each project. This position performs project management responsibilities, including pursuit and proposal management, coordination of design, procurement, construction, and start-up activities, and account management.
We are looking for an agile, innovative, self-starter to join our Morrisville, North Carolina team. This position promises opportunity for immense growth for the right candidate who is a strong communicator, team player, and motivated leader ready to take on some of the toughest and interesting projects in the industry.
• Demonstrate effective project leadership and establish an execution framework to ensure the safety, quality, value, timeliness and profitability of the total project execution (engineering, procurement, fabrication, and construction/construction management (EPFC/CM), commissioning, start up, and operations as appropriate to the project scope)
• Establish good work environment and work relationship among project team members, lead team’s work implementation on aligned goal and path
• Establish and maintain effective client relations that result in active cooperation, prompt payment, and stimulate the desire to award follow-on work
• Deliver the project in accordance with the project execution and commercial baselines
• Collaborate within sales, operations and technical teams pursuing prospective projects to develop win strategies including project execution and commercial strategies
• Support proposal teams on the completion of technical and commercial proposals, providing project planning, means and methods of project execution, schedule preparation, and cost estimating
• Mentor employees on your teams
• Travel to attend to business related matters
• Accredited four (4) year degree in engineering, construction management, or related discipline and
• Seven (7) years of related experience in the life sciences, advanced technologies, or advanced manufacturing industries
• Engineer in Training (EIT) or Professional Engineer (PE)
• Demonstration of successful performance as Project Manager on small to medium sized projects or in positions on large sized projects
• Understanding of project design, engineering, procurement, material management, construction, commissioning, start up, turn over work processes, sequencing, and interfaces
• Project Controls and Finance including understanding of:
- Scheduling (including resource loading)
- Progress measurement
- Risk assessment and management
- Code of accounts
- Work breakdown structure
- Change management
- Cost control
- Estimating process and planning
• Appreciation of key elements of contract law
• Regulatory requirements including permitting
• Jobsite experience and understanding of construction safety program
• Basic understanding of project funding
• Proactive – goal orientated with the initiative to influence events positively
• Ability to resolve problems and to be comfortable in complex project or business environments
• Ability to set and maintain high standards of self performance with responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments and tasks
• Demonstration of innovation, initiative, maturity and sound judgment
• Analytical approach to problem solving and identifying potential solutions
• Ability to influence a group of diverse individuals, each with their own goals, needs, and perspectives, to work together effectively for the good of a project
• Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and other stakeholders
• Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines
• Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
• Technical and business writing skills
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
Our latest jobs
United States Wellford
United States Desoto
$ 19 Per Hour
United States Greenville
$ 18 Hourly
United States Harrison
United States Plano
$ 60000 - $ 65000
United States Greensboro
$ 90000 - $ 100000
United States Greensboro
United States Athol
United States Ridgeville
22 September 2023