This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Multiple opportunites in Sheffield/Leeds/York/Newcastle
To manage the delivery of high profile, multi faceted projects within the constraints of agreed budget, programme and quality criteria, ensuring successful outcomes are achieved.
To be directly accountable for delivery and provide leadership of large, integrated project teams to ensure that projects meet customer expectations
1. Contribute to the development and delivery of the departmental business plan, providing professional / technical expertise to support short and long term operational priorities and customer needs, in line with legislation, policy and environmental outcomes.
2. Provide high level advice and support to team members to resolve local issues and incidents, ensuring that decisions are made on sound technical grounds in line with best practice and required standards & timeframes.
3. Monitor progress of work, identify risks in the delivery of priorities and implement timely resolution of issues, to ensure appropriate reallocation of time, finance and effort and enhancement of the service.
4. Provide good quality management reporting on service delivery, to support the planning of operational work, inform business decisions and provide a sound basis from which to communication with and influence internal / external partners.
5. Lead or support local / national project teams to achieve well planned and managed integrated solutions that progress effective change and improvement in the organisation and support the best environmental outcomes.
7. Establish and maintain good relationships with internal and external partners to understand and influence their activities.
8. Provide effective leadership to health & safety matters by actively promoting health & safety awareness and ensuring the provision of safe working practices that comply with standards.
9. Experience is desired in the following areas: hydraulic modelling of the fluvial environment, option analysis, outline design, economic appraisal and report writing. The PM will require sufficient understanding to be able to: prepare accurate project briefs, review Supplier project plan responses (cost, methodology, programme), prepare contract award documentation and quality review and finalise business case products/reports.
Educated to degree or equivalent in an engineering or environmental discipline
Professional Qualifications Requirements
Professional membership of Institution of Civil Engineers, Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management (CIWEM) or Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) desirable.
APMP or PRINCE2 Practitioner status or equivalent desirable.
Demonstrate exceptional communication skills in order to effectively ascertain customers’ needs and perceptions and balance stakeholder demands.
Experience of project management and NEC contract management to enable successful delivery of larger-scale, complex and demanding projects according to agreed outcomes.
Experience of leading integrated and multi-disciplinary project management teams.
Essential Additional Information
Driving licence ideally required as some driving may be necessary.
Occasional travel (regionally or nationally) and overnight stays may also form part of the role.
You will be a champion of environmental and safety practices in the projects you deliver and you will also have the opportunity to participate in national initiatives to innovate and improve practices and procedures.
To apply for this opportunity please apply online via the link below or contact Marion Keating on 020 7419 5800 or Marion.email@example.com.
TRS Staffing does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant UK legislation. Please note! You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation before applying for any job. TRS Staffing acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment & an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003
Our latest jobs
£40000 - £60000
Goose Creek South Carolina
₹1000000 - ₹1500000
$100 - 130K CAD