TRS is seeking a Safety Manager for a direct-hire position in northern Georgia!
- Develops and conducts tests to evaluate product safety levels and recommends measures to reduce or eliminate hazards: Establishes procedures for detection and elimination of physical and chemical hazards and avoidance of potential toxic effects and other product hazards.
- Investigates causes of accidents, injuries, and illnesses resulting from product and equipment usage and develops solutions.
- Conduct or coordinate worker training in areas such as safety laws and regulations, hazardous condition monitoring, and use of safety equipment.
- Evaluates potential health hazards or damage which could result from misuse of products and applies engineering principles and product standards to improve safety.
- Conduct research and tests to evaluate product safety.
- Coordinate with outside organizations, such as OSHA or fire departments.
- Identify, measure and isolate potential safety hazards
- Investigate accidents and injuries related to product and issue recalls if necessary.
- Develop and conduct testing methods.
- Evaluate risk of fires or physical harm.
- Develop safety procedures when handling product.
- Anticipate, recognize, and evaluate safety hazards.
- Advise workers on the proper use of safety equipment and clothing.
- Determine if noise levels are appropriate.
- Other duties as required
- BS in Engineering (Industrial/ Mechanical or similar)
- Prefer three years’ experience in a manufacturing facility
- Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma experience a plus
- OSHA 30 Certification
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Excellent Time Management, Project Management & Organizational Skills
- Prefer previous experience in Safety in manufacturing facility
- Previous Training & Training Facilitation responsibilities
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Including Excel, Word and Outlook
TRS is an equal-opportunity employer. We appreciate all interest in this position, however only those candidates with resumes most closely matched to the job description will be contacted to discuss a potential interview.
Our latest jobs
70,000 - 85,000
75,000 - 85,000