Overall Purpose of Job:
The Site Prep Supervisor is required to be involved in field level multi-discipline planning and execution as applicable to the construction contractor’s daily work plans. The role is to understand the hands on work being executed in the forefront of early works construction.
Primary Job Duties/Functions:
1. Responsible for assisting in establishing the client’s requirements as it pertains to early works construction execution plans.
2. Assuming responsibility for the following functions: Earthworks including excavation, dewatering, backfill and compaction. Piling installation including test piles. Foundations installation including formwork, reinforcing, embeds and anchor bolts, concrete placement and curing and waterproofing application.
3. Maintaining progress of assigned area and/or contractor.
4. Monitor and audit the performance of DFL personnel in assuring that work is completed according to specifications, plans, construction schedules, applicable safety regulations, and quality requirements.
5. Coordinates with the Engineering Manager and Project Engineering to resolve technical problems encountered during the early works construction phase.
6. Participates in weekly review meetings to discuss work progress and area plans in order to resolve problems of schedule delays indicated by trend data.
7. Works closely with all of the disciplines relative to the reporting requirements.
8. Responsible for participating in risk and value management in regards to cost and schedule control.
9. Responsible for providing advice on contractual claims.
10. Act as the steward for safety through assisting in the implementation of an effective safety program which meets applicable regulations.
11. Maintain effective relations with clients and the community.
Minimum Qualifications including Education and Related Experience:
1. Five-Ten (5-10) years of experience in the successful management of civil and structural activities on large to mega scale projects.
2. Fully knowledgeable and experienced in the means, processes and methods needed to successfully construct and install site preparation work, earthwork (excavation, backfill and compaction), underground utilities, large mass pour concrete foundations, grouting, structural steel, buildings, HVAC, fireproofing, insulation, paving, grading and landscaping.
3. Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
4. Cold weather experience.
Our latest jobs
Maputo, South Africa
Saint John, New Brunswick
35.000-43.000€gross per year
03 September 2019
06 August 2019