We currently seek a high caliber Senior Desktop Engineer/Architect for a long-term basis within our client’s team of experienced professionals.
Job duties include establishing technical standards for computer workstations, working with leadership to define and enforce the Desktop Architectural Standards, and identifying areas for improvement. Participates in the overall design, installation and integration of IT Desktop Standards throughout the enterprise. Provides strong technical guidance in determining the enterprise’s overall systems architecture with a core focus on the End User Device. May recommend strategies for building and maintaining the appropriate IT infrastructure that best supports our business initiatives and long-term goals. Establishes and implements our clients’ architecture standards and solutions for a complex, global environment.
Has a comprehensive knowledge of available infrastructure technologies and trends in the industry. Utilizes knowledge and expertise to recommend IT infrastructure solutions that best support our short- and long-term goals. Analyzes system requirements and long-term user needs to plan future development of integrated infrastructure systems. Recommends infrastructure security procedures and policies. May lead individual development teams and provide technical direction and supervision to less experienced team members.
• Lead the development of Linux desktop standards, secure configuration, and implementation / ownership of management tools required to support Linux desktops and VDI instances.
• Experience implementing and managing enterprise configuration management tools such as SCCM, JAMF, or equivalent.
• Ideally would have experience with Windows 10, Mac iOS, and Linux Ubuntu operating systems.
• Has a deep knowledge of new IT End User Device technologies, ITIL based processes, and best practices, which include desktops, tablet, mobile, Cloud Architecture, networking, servers, storage, telephony and virtualization.
• Tracks technology and market trends to gain knowledge about new and existing technologies that could best serve our enterprise architecture needs.
• Analyzes the business case for upgrading our existing infrastructure technologies or implementing a new infrastructure solution, develops recommendations for expanding existing technologies or for introducing new ones and may present the business case to our senior management and IT management.
• Mentors other IT professionals on the solutions developed and expected impact.
• Performs technical evaluations and proof-of-concepts that often include collaboration with vendors.
• Oversees the design and review of technical architecture for complex multi-platform solutions.
• Develops and implements infrastructure security procedures throughout individual networks and infrastructure systems.
• 4-year degree in Computer Science (or related curriculum) and 10-12 years of diversified experience applying multiple infrastructure technologies and working in more than one area of infrastructure technology (desktop, network, servers, storage, IPTelephony). Experience providing direction in business analysis, system architecture and major infrastructure applications and processes for a large global enterprise.
• Individuals with a 2-year degree and an additional 3 years of relevant experience can be considered. Those candidates without a degree will be required to have an additional 5 years of relevant experience for consideration.
CERTIFICATIONS - EXAMPLES APPROPRIATE TO ROLE:
• CompTIA A+
• CompTIA Linux+
• Apple Certified Mac Technician (ACMT)
• Apple Certified iOS Technician (ACiT)
• AWS Architect (Desktop Virtualization)
• MCSA / MCSE / Modern Desktop Associate
• ITIL Foundation
- High level of technical expertise in Ubuntu based desktop systems, Windows 10 of secondary importance, Mac OS tertiary importance.
- Understanding of Infrastructure components and protocols and how they fit into an enterprise architecture, including network, TCP/IP protocols, Wintel, Linux, MacOS, various enterprise operating systems, virtualization, Network Attached Storage (NAS), Active Directory, databases, infrastructure enabling protocols and various network/application protocols.
- Knowledge and understanding of industry best practices and methodologies, especially those that are necessary to tie dissimilar components together into an aggregate system.
- Solid understanding of Project Management Methodology (PMM) fundamentals
- Strong technical understanding of global IT infrastructure architecture
- An understanding of the strategic impacts of enterprise initiatives, the supporting IT systems and architecture.
- Ability to analyze problems, identify solutions, recommend and implement methods, procedures and/or techniques for solving the identified problems while maintaining a “holistic” approach to IT systems architecture.
- Ability to facilitate the integration of all infrastructure technologies that will support the global reach of our enterprise.
- Knowledge of the post-implementation environment and ability to follow-up implementation to ensure infrastructure stability.
- Ability to comfortably and effectively collaborate with and influence management leadership and staff in making necessary technology decisions while driving towards a scalable, supportable IT architecture.
- Written and oral communication skills appropriate for the position, including the ability to speak with authority on technical issues in various professional settings and to persuade listeners regarding best approach to resolving user's problem (may include communication via telephone, in person, presenting to large groups, community events). Ability to write complex documents (may include policies and procedures and presentations). Communicates with a wide variety of individuals (employees and all levels of management) throughout the organization and outside of the organization (i.e. clients, vendors
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction or oversight.
Employment Type: Contract to Hire
Location of Position: REMOTE
Location Type: REMOTE
To apply for this opportunity, please contact Ora Chak; email: Ora.Chak@trsstaffing.com
TRS Staffing Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. Employment decisions are based on job related criteria and not on the basis of any unlawful criteria. We ensure equal access to employment opportunities, services, and programs.
Must have legal right to work in the United States. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Our latest jobs
Santa Cruz de Tenerife
Ciudad de Mexico Mexico
$96000 - $112000