United States Pasadena
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
We currently seek a high caliber Sr. Electrical CADD Designer for a long-term basis within our client’s team of experienced professionals to support design of wastewater treatment facilities and projects. This is an office-based position in Pasadena, CA. and remote based work is not offered for this role
The ideal candidate will work closely with other designers/ engineers and should be proficient in electrical design with knowledge of CADD software on various wastewater treatment plant project. Proficiency with Revit is a requirement for this role.
• Prepare complex layout and design drawings utilizing theoretical and practical design knowledge.
• Interpret and ensure conformance to applicable standards and codes, as well as company policies and procedures.
• Support electrical engineers by completing assigned tasks on time, with minimal instruction, including design details, schedules, layouts and documentation for project deliverables.
• Provide drafting and design support for wastewater treatment plant projects. The Designer must be able to assist engineers in evaluating various design alternatives, providing design recommendations, and preparing drawings.
• Assist in providing electrical engineering design and construction support.
• Assist in developing engineering drawing and details for construction.
• Prepare one-line diagrams and CADD floor plans showing electrical device layouts, circuitry, fixtures, equipment, etc. with limited input from Engineers.
• Assist in developing equipment room sizes during Schematic Design and Design Development phase
• Assist in preparing calculations for electrical loads and panel schedules.
• Thorough knowledge of NEC and other codes.
• Understand and correctly apply concepts of emergency and normal power systems.
• Review manufacturer data and drawings as required.
• Coordinate with other disciplines (MEP/FP, architectural, structural, etc.) for electrical & lighting details.
• Attend site visits to verify existing equipment layout and assist in the development of field observation reports/ design layout.
• Contribute to development of project’s design while gaining the required skills and knowledge about building systems, codes, industry standards, and construction documents.
• Communicate effectively, both written and verbally, technical information with internal staff and project team members.
• 2-year technical degree or certificate of completion from an accredited designer/drafter course (or equivalent) is preferred, and typically 6 years or more of related experience.
• Requirements include strong PC and CADD skills, as well as efficiency in utilizing computer software to complete design assignments.
• Proficiency in using Revit and AutoCAD to produce electrical design in a requirement and must have working experience with Building Information Modeling (BIM). Knowledgeable in using MicroStation is a plus.
• Must have worked with reference files, Revit families, template libraries, and understand basic CADD standards and methodologies. Must have experience working with raster files and/or scanned drawings.
• Good oral and written communication skills are essential. The designer must be willing to work with others and receive and comply with instructions.
***Notice to Candidates: Background checks are carried out as part of any conditional offer made, including (but not limited to & role dependent) education, professional registration, employment, references, passport verifications and Global Watchlist screening.
To be Considered Candidates: Must be authorized to work in the USA without sponsorship***
Employment Type: Contract to Hire
Location of Position: Pasadena, CA
Location Type: Office and Job Sites as needed
Pay range: $45 - $56/hr.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
Our latest jobs
United States Hawthorne
United Arab Emirates Sharjah
United Arab Emirates Sharjah
Netherlands Amsterdam area
Netherlands Regio Den Haag
$ 110000 - $ 135000
United States Denver
$ 100000 - $ 180000
United States Carlsbad
£ 30 - £ 90
United Kingdom Farnborough
€ 1 Yearly
22 September 2023