The CM is the on-site representative and is the main point-of-contact for all subcontractors, consultants and third parties on the project site. The CM’s primary role is to oversee the execution of the construction work on-site, to ensure contractors are holding to their contractual obligations specifically in terms of safety, quality, schedule and budget. The CM reports to and works closely with the Project Manager (PM). To be successful the CM must complement the PM’s contractual and management expertise with their own construction and on-site expertise.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ownership of the on-site aspects of the solar project from NTP to COD.
• Understand the turn-key EPC contract for the solar project and oversee compliance by the EPC Contractor on the project site.
• Work with the team (Engineering, Finance, Quality, Safety, etc.) to ensure project success.
• Serve as the primary on-site representative
• Provide daily reports and updates to the Project Manager on the construction progress, including quality and safety metrics.
• Provide regular updates specific to the construction of the project to management and external partners, including the Project Finance Team.
• Interface with the Utility and project Off-Takers on-site.
• Engage with AHJs and applicable permit authorities to ensure successful issuance and closure of permits for the project including but not limited to Conditional Use Permit, Environmental Permits, SWPPP Permits.
• Support the PM with scheduling and coordinating the project Commissioning and Close-Out activities, with support from the EPC partner.
• Coordinate with the project Independent Engineer on-site.
• Assist in the hand-off of the project to the Operations and Maintenance team at COD.
• Monitor EPC and Subcontractor compliance with their Contracts specifically in terms of Quality, Safety, Schedule and Budget.
• Monitor EPC Contractor Plan-of-Day meetings (ideally attending them with some frequency), generally have knowledge of EPC Contractor activity each day on the project site.
• Conduct site audits as needed and participate in “Golden Review” meetings with EPC Contractor in coordination with Quality lead, Safety lead and Project Manager.
• Other tasks as assigned
• Have previously performed the above duties and responsibilities for Utility-scale solar projects
• Preference: experience on projects over 100MW in California
• Substation and transmission line construction and commissioning experience over 230kV
• Location (or ability to relocate) to be based in the Palm Springs or Blythe, CA areas for the duration of the project
• Ability to work at the project site full-time during construction. Current EPC work schedule is four 10’s (Mon-Thurs), but candidate must have flexibility to work OT.
• Expertise in construction processes and procedures
• Ability to work with Microsoft office tools
To apply for this opportunity, please contact Omar Rodriguez; email: email@example.com
TRS Staffing Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. Employment decisions are based on job related criteria and not on the basis of any unlawful criteria. We ensure equal access to employment opportunities, services, and programs.
Must have legal right to work in the United States. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Our latest jobs
₹400000 - ₹600000
MEX$30000 - MEX$30000
Coventry West Midlands
Coventry West Midlands
€25000 - €35000
CA$70000 - CA$90000
Mexico DF Distrito Federal