United Kingdom Dyce
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
We are looking for a motivated and detail-orientated Contracts Specialist / Senior Contracts Specialist to join our team on a full-time, staff basis. You will be based at our office in ,Aberdeenshire and will join a supportive team, where you will continue to be challenged and grow in the long term.
What will you be doing?
The Contracts Specialist / Senior Contracts Specialist role sits within the Offshore Resources Supply Chain Management (SCM), Contracts and Chartering function and is primarily responsible for providing efficient, cost-effective and value-adding procurement and contract management support to the Offshore Resources group in accordance with company procedures.
The Offshore Resources group is responsible for providing, and ensuring the operational capability of, the vessels, equipment, crew and onshore support facilities that power
projects and offshore operations worldwide.
This is a complex role within an operational environment with responsibility for a broad range of high complexity / criticality products and services including, but not limited to, major CAPEX projects, vessel technical stops, modifications, upgrades, and dry dockings.
Due to the nature of the role, occasional domestic and international travel to operational worksites may be required.
Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to):
• Proactively contribute to the achievement of the Offshore Resources SCM, Contracts and Chartering function’s focus areas and priorities.
• Demonstrate a good understanding and adoption of key systems and tools including the Business Management System (BMS), SAP ECC, SAP Ariba, Exiger Insight 3PM, Synergi Life and SharePoint.
• Demonstrate a good understanding and application of key SCM procurement and contracting procedures, including associated deviation and approval processes.
• Prepare procurement strategies and develop package summaries and/or procurement plans where required.
• Identify gaps in our supply chain availability and establish Frame and Enabling Agreements where appropriate.
• Uphold competitive bidding principles.
• Uphold supplier registration, qualification, screening, and due diligence principles.
• Prepare and issue Request for Quotations (RFQ’s), including gathering any required information from the wider business e.g., scopes of work, specifications and HSEQ requirements. Manage any associated clarifications.
• Complete commercial evaluation of supplier responses to RFQ’s to ensure best value. Ensure that Technical. HSE and Quality evaluations are also completed.
• Produce Supplier and Commitment Approvals (SCA) forms and make recommendations for award.
• Negotiate payment milestones in contracts to ensure a positive, or at least, neutral cash flow position.
• Identify credit risks and implement mitigation measures such as requesting financial security.
• Demonstrate a good understanding of global insurance programme and specific insurance requirements for work orders and purchase orders.
• Ensure that tax implications are considered and assessed with support from the corporate tax department.
• Use of appropriate standard terms and conditions.
• Interpret supplier qualifications and exceptions to standard terms and conditions, understanding the risks and negotiating a favourable position for.
• Review, qualify and negotiate bespoke or non-standard terms and conditions, including drafting special conditions, to achieve the most favourable outcome for.
• Draft work orders / purchase orders and other contractual documents.
• Draft contractual summaries and hand-over documents, ensuring that internal stakeholders are aware of rights and obligations.
• Deliver kick-off meetings, ensuring that suppliers fully understand their obligations.
• Ensure that supplier obligations are adhered to, and that key milestones and deliverables are achieved.
• Ensure that the requisite insurance certificates, parent company guarantees, and other financial securities are received.
• Demonstrate effective contract management, project control and reporting.
• Seek and pursue opportunities.
• Identify potential change and apply company change management procedures.
• Engage internal stakeholders to identify, evaluate, monitor and mitigate the impact of identified risks and their effect on cost, quality and schedule and other projects, work orders and purchase orders.
• Effective management and negotiation of Variation Order Requests (VOR’s).
• Draft Variation Orders (VO’s) and amendments.
• Provide advice and assistance on procurement and contractual matters.
• Effective management and negotiation of contractual issues, claims and disputes, escalating to Senior Contracts Specialist and management where required.
• Build and maintain productive working relationships with key suppliers.
• Build and maintain productive working relationships with internal fleet and equipment management, project management and technical experts.
• Set up invoicing process with the cost controller in accordance with the contract.
• Assist project manager in general co-ordination and administration of the project.
• Contribute to the preparation of the Project Monthly Status Report (PMSR) and attend PMSR meetings.
• Provide input into team weekly workload reports.
• Set up and maintain relevant registers to record correspondence, VOR’s / VO’s, claims etc.
• Apply contract close out procedures, including ensuring that relevant certificates are issued, analysis of ‘as-delivered’ costs, establishing and updating NORMS, statement of final account, returning financial securities, managing any continuing obligations.
What experience would we like you to have?
Please note, if you don’t tick all the boxes below but feel you have some of the relevant skills and experience we’re looking for, please do consider applying. We would encourage you to apply with a CV that highlights your transferable skills and experience.
• Preference for a degree level qualification in a Quantity Surveying (QS), Legal, or Business Management discipline.
• Experience working in a similar role in the construction, marine, subsea or offshore sector.
• Candidates with experience in a similar role or who have extensive industry experience in lieu of a formal qualification may also be considered.
• Adopts a positive hands-on approach.
• Sound contractual knowledge and ability to problem solve.
• Commercially aware and credible.
• Possesses an eye for detail with an ability to produce work of a high quality.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral).
• Demonstrates an ability to coordinate one’s workload and prioritise according to business needs.
• Ability to work in a time-sensitive setting which expects the highest levels of confidentiality and ethical behaviour.
• High degree of computer literacy and good general knowledge of information management tools, with a particular emphasis on the SAP suite of products.
• Fluent in English.
What do we offer?
• Career development – with access to a range of learning and development opportunities, as well as being part of a culture that encourages growth and development
• Flexible working – lots of our people work flexibly in different ways. Whether it’s hybrid, part-time of flexitime working. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but let’s have a discussion to see how we can make it work.
• Enhanced maternity/paternity leave/adoption leave
• A fantastic benefits package – which includes a generous holiday allowance, pension scheme, discounted health and wellbeing packages, electric car salary sacrifice scheme and more.
Who are we?
We are, a global leader in the delivery of offshore projects and services for the energy industry. We make offshore energy transition possible through the continuous evolution of lower-carbon oil and gas and by enabling the growth of renewables and emerging energy.
At, we are looking for people who think differently. We want people who can bring new ideas and who are willing to take on challenges that will enable us to make a positive impact on a global stage.
In turn we will lift you up and encourage you to go further. Onshore or offshore, embark on a journey of opportunities, continuous learning and development.
Start your journey with us today.
An environment where you can thrive
We encourage new ways of thinking and celebrate our wide range of skills that help us continually challenge the status quo and inspire innovation. An inclusive and diverse environment fosters creativity, improves decision-making and introduces new ways of thinking.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
Our latest jobs
United Kingdom Farnborough
$ 19 Hourly
United States Ladson
Netherlands Europoort Rotterdam
Netherlands Europoort Rotterdam
Netherlands Europoort Rotterdam
Netherlands The Hague area
Netherlands The Hague area
16 February 2024