This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
We specialise in offering clients both general and bespoke recruitment solutions and can deliver tailored solutions for your recruitment requirements, from a single candidate to an entire project team Specialties Recruitment, Staffing, Secondment, Manpower, Maintenance, Operations, Engineering, Procurement, Project Management, Oil and Gas, Offshore, Onshore, 24/7 365 days a year.
We are currently recruiting for an exciting opportunity to work for our market-leading client who is looking for a Control Room Operator on a Contract basis. You will form part of a multi discipline team that are expected to carry out various works to a high quality and safety standard.
Work Location: Working on an FPSO vessel offshore Equatorial Guinea.
Pay rate: €153 - 179 per day depending upon experience.
Reports To: Production Supervisor
Background: A CRO is capable of operating DCS, Fire and Gas and ESD systems from Central Control Room. He will optimise the process and reduce and control plant upsets. He will respond effectively to emergencies. He will ensure that plant inhibits and overrides are controlled as per procedures and Management System guidelines. He will ensure that that personnel under his supervision are fully competent and aware of their responsibilities.
Authority: The CRO is authorised to control and adjust the automated process safely to maximise production efficiency, and to coordinate permits and related isolations for maintenance
Immediate Subordinates: Deck Production Operators, & Subcontractors, Vendors, Visitors,
Accountable For: Typical Responsibilities & Standards
1 Start up, Operate, Monitor and Shut Down Process and Utility Systems.
2 Monitor, maintain and optimise process parameters (Level, flow, temperature, pressure etc) within operating requirements.
3 Compare sample and testing results (API/BS&W/salinity) of process and utility fluids to optimal.
4 Trouble shoot to maximize sales quality and delivery volume to identify problems.
5 Maintain discharge water quality within current O&M Contractor Operations or local guidelines.
6 Monitor and operate electrical/hydraulic control panels, safety and emergency shutdown devices, Fire and Gas Systems.
7 Ensure accurate production reporting is submitted daily or as required by company and client.
8 Witness third party calibrations when appropriate to provide verification of meter factors and volumes.
9 Prove export oil meters.
1 Implementing and enforcing O&M Contractor Operations Management System policies and procedures in particular Isolation Standards, and PTW.
2 Carry out all operations in safe and environmentally sound manner.
3 Report all discharges, leaks, spills, injuries, and incidents, immediately.
4 Ensure personnel understand and comply with current environmental regulations.
5 Carry out Emergency Response role
1 Assist maintenance operations by applying/removing isolations as required.
2 Supervise operation of PTW system.
3 Advise maintenance personnel on hazards of plant and equipment.
4 Maintain clear and precise communications during maintenance operations.
4) Manage & Supervise Effectively
1 Co ordinate activities and resources across teams or shift.
2 Contribute to training and assessment of personnel.
3 Control activities and development of subordinate personnel.
4 Record and report on personnel development/appraisals and competence assessments as required.
5 Efficiency improvement and pursue company goals.
6 Create and maintain effective working relationships
Units Of Competence
1. Prepare process and utility systems for remote operation
2. Remotely operate and monitor process and utility systems
3. Prepare process and utility systems for shutdown
4. Isolate and reinstate process and utility systems for maintenance and repair
5. Contribute to control of critical situations and respond to emergencies
6. Monitor and maintain pollution control measures
7. Manage and Supervise Effectively
8. Carry out Emergency Response role
9. Provide any additional duties as required by the OIM/Unit Spt. and /or HOD to maintain safe and efficient running of the Unit.
Pre-hire Qualifications and Experience:
• 5 years minimum in Hydrocarbon processing operations with 2 years as CCRO and appropriate mix of operational, and supervisory experience.
• Offshore Personal Survival, Management of Major Emergencies, Medical certificates.
• Good level of troubleshooting and operations knowledge including interpretation of P&IDs and C&E charts.
• Extensive knowledge of offshore FPSO operations, including Production, Maintenance, Engineering and Safety.
• Good working Knowledge of DCS and F&G systems operation.
• Medically fit to offshore International standards such as ENG1 or equivalent.
Our latest jobs
Sugar Land Texas
Mexico DF Distrito Federal
Sugar Land Texas
$50000 - $60000
Mexico DF Distrito Federal