You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
• Direct hire position
• In office
The Drilling & Completions Technician works collaboratively with teams to support the overall drilling and completions performance of the business, including helping to ensure all activities are conducted in accordance with laws, regulations, and internal policies and practices. The Technician maintains the operations reporting database, ensures quality of daily operational reports, maintains critical performance data, & organizes the data in multiple systems for engineering analysis.
Field Data Capture Management:
• Operations Field Data Capture Champion = SME at OpenWells (HLB-Landmark)
• OpenWells power user familiar with field data entry, data table manipulation, customization of data fields, pick list management, backend database structure, software logic, & reporting capabilities.
• Well, job, & event formation activities to support Civil, Drilling, Completion, & Workover disciplines.
• Proactively perform daily QA/QC checks on all incoming field data ensuring completeness and accuracy.
• Data Validation efforts at the corporate database level to confirm data completeness, reasonability, & accuracy.
Field Staff Support:
• Wellsite Supervisor (WSS) support & educational guidance to assist our field team when daily needs arise.
• Perform well-readiness initiatives.
• Ensure WSS have all the necessary tools at their disposal, both hardware & software, to work effectively.
• Manage D&C field hardware, OW licensing, software renewals, & other D&C software subscription/requirements.
EHS, Regulatory, & Land Support:
• Aid EHS, regulatory, & land teams in environmental, land, & regulatory compliance initiative data requests.
• Assist Land team in automation of non-Op report-out efforts when requested.
• Manage & own the Frac Notification process to off-set operators as set forth by internal & NDIC requirements.
Corp D&C Engineering Support:
• General understanding of AFE packages, ops procedures, & other support documents. Assist when requested.
• Support engineering staff with database queries (SQL) providing outputs from OpenWells to assist in data analysis, KPI support, performance metrics, downtime/NPT analysis, cost tracking, and post well reviews.
• Cost Control Efforts: Assist in cost control cycle from AFE to FCE to ACT tracking, reporting, & corrective actions.
• AFE supplement management for DC&F capital AFE’s.
• Shared Drive Digital Organization: Create, organize, and maintain digital operational files in an organized manner.
• Assist department members in the preparation of ad hoc presentations with data required in project evaluation.
• Create and maintain databases and spreadsheets for ad hoc engineering projects based on specific directives.
• Develop data analysis techniques to support the D&C professionals.
• Regularly communicate with D&C team regarding project objectives, established timelines, & status updates.
VP of D&C Support:
• Gather and prepare data for Monthly Business Reviews where accuracy is of critical importance.
• Build/support the construction, maintenance, & automation of daily and monthly KPI metric report-outs.
• Provide operational benchmarking support via research efforts sourced from public & private entities such as IHS, Enverus (DI), & NDIC regulatory databases.
• Regularly communicate with VP of D&C regarding project objectives, established timelines, & status updates.
• Strong communication skills to interact effectively across the business.
• Relentless organizational skills & acute attention to detail and formatting.
• Self-souring work product with the ability, in some cases, to predict work product based on organizational needs.
• Strong work ethic with an emphasis on data quality & data accuracy.
• Time management awareness, technical acumen, & high grading the prioritization of deliverables.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in a D&C (or Prod) Tech role with a strong knowledge of oil and gas operations
• Proficient in OpenWells., Proficient in MS Office suite of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Access.
• Proficient in writing SQL queries including complex joins.
• Beginner level Spotfire skills are required; expert level Spotfire skills strongly preferred. Education
• Associate degree in related field or equivalent experience is required
• Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
LOCATION: Houston, Texas
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
For more information, or to apply, contact Rebecca Williams at email@example.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
Our latest jobs
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Mooresboro North Carolina
Lower Mainland British Columbia
22 September 2023
17 August 2023