You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
Our client is a leader in floating technologies for the oil and gas industry. They recognize the significant importance of climate change and the growing need for renewable energy. They invest in products and services that enable the transition towards renewable energy, with a focus on Floating Offshore Wind, Wave Energy, and Carbon Capture and Storage. In addition, they also develop Smart Digital Services to improve and support everything they do.
Oceans play a central role in producing the energy of today and of tomorrow. The client is working together with the world’s leading energy companies to make that happen. They are acting responsibly and ethically, so that communities where they operate benefit from their presence and activities.
They are committed to sharing their experience to deliver safe, sustainable and affordable energy from the oceans for generations to come.
The Instrumentation Engineer is responsible for the proper design and selection of all instrumentation necessary for the safe and optimum operation of the asset.
As Instrumentation Engineer, you must properly apply Discipline knowledge such as specific sizing and selection knowledge to meet all required process and contractual requirements.
You may be assigned as a Package Engineer with technical responsibility for the design, procurement and manufacture, and Installation and Commissioning assistance of the Package.
You must work with Engineers and Designers both within and outside the discipline to ensure instruments are selected, installed, and configured for optimum operation and accuracy.
The Instrumentation Engineer may act as Discipline Lead for assigned projects.
In order that assigned activities are completed successfully, you are to:
• Understand, plan and deliver assigned tasks with accuracy within agreed time frame
• Identify areas requiring more detailed instructions and clarify understanding/expectation as necessary with Discipline Lead; ensure no surprises
• Develop engineering documents in a manner that the design intent can be interpreted correctly
• Complete tasks in compliance with applicable engineering codes, industry standards/regulations and work procedures
• Proactively interface with Discipline Lead and peers for resolving issues, sharing information and progress
• Seek clarification or guidance as soon as difficulties arise; recommend alternative solutions
• Perform thorough self-check of all deliverables prior to submission for review /approval
• Properly plan work to allow adequate time for documents to be thoroughly checked to ensure accuracy
In order to achieve effective interface management, you are to:
• Understand how assigned tasks will affect all disciplines and stakeholders; provide timely and accurate input to other disciplines in support of their design requirements in meeting deadlines
• Proactively provide Discipline Lead with status updates, highlight concerns as they arise, and prioritize assigned activities to meet key milestones
• Network with stakeholders to serve as a source of support in executing project deliverables; ensure proactive two-way communication
• Produce consistent/organized documents in a well-structured format to clearly convey required information
• Coordinate with vendors, subcontractors, third party consultants, etc. to ensure timely review of documents and that comments are made with required quality level
• Provide timely and accurate input to other disciplines in support of their design requirements and project deliverables
In order to contribute to the success of managing change, you are to:
• Raise awareness of issues timely to the Discipline Lead; understand the change impact within and across Disciplines and identify the stakeholders to be engaged
• Respectfully challenge proposed changes that significantly impact project deliverables to ensure the best option is taken as the way forward
• Prioritize activities to effectively manage conflicting deadlines to meet key milestones and deliverables
• Ensure changes are conveyed through the established channels of communication to minimize the impact to deliverables and project
• Demonstrate adaptability and flexibility in implementing changes
• Ensure Management of Change (MOC) procedures are used to promote positive impact to the project
To ensure quality of engineering deliverable, you are to:
• Be self-motivated to improve technical competencies for current and future work assignments
• Promote continuous improvement within the Discipline by maintaining/sharing the latest industry developments
• Ensure activities are completed with consistency and in compliance with applicable codes, standards and regulations
• Apply and capture applicable lessons learned in the execution of activities to enable information sharing, increase project efficiencies, and support/develop best practices
• Ensure work is organized and documented in a manner to support the intent of design for easy understanding by others
• Ensure proper level of checks for all deliverables prior to submission; avoid cutting corners
• University or Technical College (BSc degree), with several years’ experience in Instrumentation design in the (Offshore) Oil & Gas industry.
• Fully competent in the engineering use of Smart Plant Instrumentation.
• Experience with package interfaces and/ or experience with managing remote teams.
• Experience with instrumentation for LNG applications and Marine applications is an advantage.
• Proven competence with instrumentation design in hazardous areas (e.g. IECEx001) is preferable.
• Professional communication in English (verbal and written)
• Conversant with MS Office applications
Behaviors & inter-personal skills - Key points:
• A pro-active approach
• Taking initiative
• Problem-solving and creative thinking
• Willingness to travel
• Team player,
• Looking beyond discipline boundaries,
• Safety conscious.
Are you interested in this role as Instrumentation Engineer?
Please don't hesitate to contact me!
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
Our latest jobs
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Mooresboro North Carolina
22 September 2023
17 August 2023