This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
DURATION: CONTRACT (12 MONTHS RENEWABLE)
SALARY: MARKET RELATED
NB: VACANCIES ARE APPLICABLE TO LOCAL SOUTH AFRICAN AND EUROPEAN NATIONALS
"TRS is looking for experienced Mechanical Supervisor Piping with Early Works experience within the Oil and Gas Industry to join our leading international client's LNG Mozambique project team."
• Planning of mechanical & piping construction early works.
• Inspection, monitoring and ensuring that all mechanical engineering and piping related construction (field) activities are in compliance with construction related regulations and to all engineering, construction, HSE (Health, Safety and Environment) and QA/QC requirements.
• Implement and maintain a Zero Harm environment.
• Perform and review risk assessments and risk evaluations.
• Evaluate suppliers, vendors and service providers.
• Assist with compiling scope of work and schedules for tenders and contracts.
• Source discipline related construction materials, equipment, machinery, etc. required on site.
• Inspection, monitoring and ensuring that all mechanical engineering and piping related construction (field) activities are in compliance with construction related Republic of Kazakhstan regulations and to all engineering, construction and QA/QC requirements.
• Monitor and record Contractors’ progress against project schedule and key milestones.
• Ensure that all Contractors are fully aware of the planned scope of activity on a daily, weekly and monthly schedule.
• Act on any non-conforming works or practices.
• Alert the Construction Manager and/or Mechanical Piping Superintendent of any delays or potential delays.
• Ensure that all materials, machinery and equipment conform to the specifications and quality standards.
• Evaluate construction against drawings, and record and report any deviation or change to the agreed design.
• Analyze the Contractors’ workforce in terms of skills, suitability to operation and numbers deployed.
• Analyze Contractors’ man-hours against budget and report all variations.
• Liaise with Quality management to ensure that the specifications and quality standards are being achieved and adhered to.
• Resolve engineering conflicts whilst on the project site. Work with construction and QA/QC personnel and contribute to a smooth and seamless handover to the operations end user.
• Awareness of all materials brought to approved lay down areas and monitor that storage is managed in line with material types and requirements for construction.
• Accurately record all works completing daily, weekly and monthly construction reports.
• Ensure that all night work is properly monitored and supervised in all respects.
• Awareness of all site traffic - ensure that procedures and traffic management are in place for movement in and around the overall site.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
• Accredited Degree / BTech / Diploma qualification in technical mechanical engineering or construction (mechanical) engineering or equivalent related to field of work experience.
• Minimum 5-7 years recent proven work in construction site and mechanical/piping activities on large projects, infrastructure within Oil and Gas Industry.
Steven Van Rooyen
TRS Staffing does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant South African legislation. As per legislation, due consideration is given to previously disadvantaged individuals.
Our latest jobs
Doha Middle East
€55000 - €75000
Mexico DF Distrito Federal
Ciudad de México
25 February 2021
09 February 2021