Job Title: Mining Engineer Planning
Location: Northern Cape
Salary: R80 000 pm
Contract/ Perm: Perm
MAIN TASK & RESPONSIBILITY
• To produce strategic mine plans and survey related aspects. Summarise and analyse production data records. Determine ore distribution and efficiencies.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Essential unless otherwise indicated):
• Grade 12
• Bachelor of Science Engineering (Mining) / Bachelor of Technology (Mining) / National Higher Diploma (Mining Engineering)
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS (Essential unless otherwise indicated):
• 3 Years’ Mine planning (strategic business planning)in an underground mining environment
• 3 Years’ Operational mining experience
• 3 years’ Planning Software ( e.g. M24D, Datamine, Studio 5D Planner, EPS etc.)
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS (Essential unless otherwise indicated):
• Computer literate ( Microsoft Office)
• Mine Planning Software
• Analyse production results against planned schedules and recommend corrective action.
• Identify alternative / new support products or systems and conduct tests to determine suitability for use. Compile reports and present business case to stakeholders if necessary.
• Obtain, check and refine information. Collate and submit reports. Run data exception reports and take corrective action. Conduct document control spot checks.
• Identify recurring problems and derive creative solutions involving team members or using own vocational knowledge and experience.
• Implement compliance requirements. Communicate compliance changes.
• Ensure operational plan is implemented. Determine number of faces required to ensure that production targets can be achieved given the drill and blast capacity.
• Prepare medium and short term mineral extraction plans and production schedules. Prepare and collate information to determine risks associated with the execution of short and medium term mine plan. (Should face samples be analysed)
• Promote and assure adherence to safety, health and environmental procedures. Identify unsafe and hazardous situations. Diagnose incidents and accidents by completing root cause analyses and take corrective action. Conduct risk assessments. Stop work in unsafe areas.
"You must be able to attend a local interview to be considered for this role"
TRS Staffing does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant South African legislation. As per legislation, due consideration is given to previously disadvantaged individuals.
Our latest jobs
$100,000 - $150,000
Kathu, Northern Cape
$150,000 - $200,000
$55 - $75/hour