VESSEL TYPE: OFFSHORE VESSELS (TBC)
LOCATION: WORLDWIDE (TBC)
DURATION: CONTRACT (RENEWABLE)
SALARY: MARKET RELATED
"TRS is urgently looking for an Offshore Construction Manager with offshore construction management experience to join our international client's Offshore Vessel project team based Worldwide.”
• In line with the policies and guidelines defined by the top management, ensure the efficiency of the vessel for the achievement of the strategic targets.
• Be the overall responsible for project execution on the assigned offshore construction vessel, in terms of safety, productivity, cost- efficiency, schedule and quality.
• In conjunction with the Master, ensure the best performance of the vessel and its crew to achieve the above-mentioned Targets.
• Provide effective overall management for the construction activities on board the assigned vessel, ensuring the interdisciplinary coordination of all relevant vessel departments and liasing with the Master for marine operations.
• Drive project execution to meet established deadlines, reach an optimal level of productivity and minimise cost, while respecting project specifications and QHSE requirements.
• Ensure that all construction activities are performed safely through a rigorous implementation of Saipem HSE policies and procedures. Lead by example and motivate the crew with regard to the observation of HSE requirements, promoting their contents in meetings and dedicated initiatives.
• Ensure that the Permit-to-Work system for construction crew is adhered to and ensure that the daily Toolbox Talks and JSA, if required, are carried out according to the procedures.
• Manage the work schedule adopting an early planning approach, establishing priorities and optimising the use of materials, work teams and available equipment, while promoting the solutions of contingent problems on board.
• Ensure that subcontractors adhere to their contractual obligations and facilitates the interface with the vessel organization.
• Plan and manage the mobilisation/demobilisation of personnel and equipment in a cost-efficient way, taking into consideration any possible synergies with other Saipem assets and projects, in liaison with the Project Operations Manager, Operations team and Vessel Asset Manager.
• Represent the Project Manager in front of the Client Representative on board in order to discuss project matters, change management, schedule variations and any contractual implications that these may have, liaising with the Project Operations
• Manager on these subjects.
• Actively promote a clear communication system between all vessel departments and maintain good lines of communication with all other internal and external stakeholders.
• Actively promote the development of human resoution process for new resources, their formal and on-the-job training as required, and the competence assessment process where applicable.
• Ensure the continuous implementation of technical and organizational improvements in order to reduce risks to the lowest possible level.
• Assist and support the Project Team in the solution of technical and management issues within the assigned remits.
• Participate to the Project Risk Assessment called by the Project Manager.
• Assist the Master with regard to all the Emergency situations.
• Be aware of the ISM Code and MLC 2006 in order to ensure the safety at work with regard to the construction crew
• Ensure that all documents, certifications, hand-over and work reports, as provided in the contract or required according to Client’s procedures are issued on time, adequately stored and kept updated.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
• Accredited Tertiary qualification in Construction Management.
• Minimum Ten (10) years Offshore Construction Management experience.
• Good English knowledge (Compulsory)
• Valid STCW required certificates, National CoP Reg. II/4.(Compulsory)
• Valid Seaman’s Logbook (Compulsory).
• Valid BOSIET/FOET and Offshore Medical Certificate (ENG1 or OGUK). (Compulsory)
Tanya De Bruyn
TRS Staffing does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant South African legislation. As per legislation, due consideration is given to previously disadvantaged individuals.
Our latest jobs
£5000 - £60000
Mexico DF Distrito Federal
$45000 - $55000
Mexico DF Distrito Federal