United States Athol
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
Scope of the Role:
This position is responsible for design and manufacture of profile extrusion tooling and the development of custom plastic extrusion processes with the objective of improving total quality, material usage and productivity. This position will work closely with the Engineer Manager, Manufacturing, QC, Materials, and Sales teams to provide leadership, support and training to achieve these common team objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take ownership of new projects from start to finish. This includes communicating with internal stakeholders to develop quotation. Understanding of different plastic resins and processing is a must. Must be able to identify the feasibility of the project and research equipment necessary.
- Design tooling and develop processes for mono and co-extrusion plastic profiles, tubes and secondary fabrication individually or with other process engineers.
- Lead new tooling development process for the project assigned using hands-on approach to meet customer expectation with quality and on time delivery of samples.
- Coordinate the tooling needs for new products with Die Development, technicians, Engineer Manager and other involved in producing first article samples.
- Oversee the tool making activities in the machine shop, ensuring that the tools produced by the machine shop can meet the design criteria and are up to the company’s high standard for design and workmanship.
- Troubleshoot process difficulties on daily basis and support production. Work with Engineer Manager to coordinate a timely response to the need for rebuilding tooling or handling other special tooling needs that cannot be planned for in advance.
- Work on continual improvement projects to improve efficiencies and reduce scrap.
Other key elements:
- Follow and support plant and corporate safety policies and initiatives.
- Plans, develops and coordinates tool development trials.
- Maintain engineering database and documentation as required.
- Perform other accountabilities as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Skills required:
- BS in Engineering, preferred
- 0-3 years of plastics manufacturing experience a plus.
- Plastic Extrusion die design and process development is preferred
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and specifications.
- Must be HANDS-ON and be willing to work on the floor.
- Working knowledge with a CAD system, CAD/CAM software and Microsoft office.
- Must have very good technical understanding of plastic extrusion process, terminology and extrusion tooling.
- Understanding of plastic materials and ability to research materials.
- Understand customer requirements and application.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple projects and attention to detail.
- Task oriented, Strong analytical skills and well organized.
- Strong interpersonal, excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the Organization.
- Aptitude to learn and be a strong team player.
“We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, or any other criteria protected by governing law.”
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
Our latest jobs
United States Harrison
United States Athol
United States Ridgeville
Netherlands Regio Den Haag
United States Wixom
$ 100000 - $ 135000
United States Augusta
$ 45 Per Hour
United States Augusta
$ 20 Hourly
United States North Charleston
$ 61901 - $ 61901
United States Spartanburg
22 September 2023