This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
- Plan, direct, and oversee the successful and safe delivery of work scope, schedule, budgets, and client expectations for environmental projects. Manage projects from beginning to end with a high level of execution and with minimal supervision.
- Perform site assessment activities, such as conducting utility locates, overseeing excavation and sampling, describing soil lithology, collecting soil and groundwater samples, environmental due diligence, installing remediation and monitoring wells, and groundwater monitoring.
- Conduct environmental drilling assessments using hollow stem augers and/or direct push drill rigs.
- Plan, perform, and organize field data collection and review.
- Oversee field crews performing general environmental services, permitting and coordination of field activities, and interacting with team members.
- Develop proposals, health and safety plans, cost estimates, and budgets.
- Ability to represent company in a positive manner in front of Clients.
- Perform field work on regular basis
- Occasional overnight travel may be necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Geology, Hydrogeology, Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering or related discipline. For the right candidate, professional experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Minimum of six years of professional experience as an employee or consultant in the oil and gas industry.
- Current OSHA 40-HOUR HAZWOPER certification is preferred.
- Understanding of groundwater and soil sampling, environmental site assessments, environmental drilling, and hydrogeologic processes.
- FLIR certification, CABI certification, and experience with ecological/biological assessments are preferred but not required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as organization and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment and a positive professional attitude.
- Mechanical aptitude, strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- A safety oriented mindset and respect for and awareness of applicable environmental regulations.
- Strong project management skills, technical writing skills, people skills, and time management skills.
- Experience with standard computer programs including Microsoft Office, Adobe, and GIS products.
- Have a valid driver’s license; motor vehicle record free of major infractions, and a commitment to safe operations.
- Must be physically able to walk around construction sites, climb slopes and berms, and cross uneven terrain, sometimes in extreme weather conditions.
- Must work in alignment with corporate values: Work safely; Care for client; Be honest, forthright, and truthful; Be fair (balanced); Respect everyone; Show compassion; Assume good; Do High quality work; and Protect the environment.
Our latest jobs
Ciudad de México
£80 per hour
£65-75k per annum
Market Related (Neg)
Durban, South Africa
Lake Charles, LA
Based on current contracting rates
19 February 2020
07 February 2020