This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Rampion Visitors Centre Lead Guide
Part-time position, 5-year contract (subject to extension).
Rampion Visitor Centre - Background & Vision
Rampion’s geographical location puts the wind farm in full view of a heavily populated coastline and the South Downs National Park, with 12million+ visitors each year flocking to Brighton alone and a coastline that sees a high level of recreational sea user activity. The positive interest and massive appetite for information throughout the development and construction process looks set to continue into the operational phase of the project, with charter vessels taking visitors out to see the wind farm whenever conditions allow.
The Rampion location, alongside this public interest from the local community and visitors alike, presents a unique opportunity for the Rampion Visitor Centre, which ROW would like to capitalise on for the benefit of all. Our vision is threefold:
- Become a leading information resource for offshore wind in the UK and possibly, Europe;
- Illustrate the link between climate change, energy security and Rampion, to raise awareness of the role offshore wind can play for the benefit of society as a whole;
- Tell the Rampion story as being an integral part of Sussex, demonstrating a coming together of people, ideas, knowledge and expertise from across the local community and the wind industry, all of which has contributed to the successful completion of Rampion - the south coast icon that creates a sense of belonging for all.
The RVC Lead Guide will need to be passionate about renewable energy and tackling climate change, community engagement and education in order to maximise visitor numbers, enhance the visitor experience and transmit core messages in an enjoyable, emotive and engaging way.
- To enthusiastically communicate the RVC messages through developing a thorough knowledge of the Visitor Centre, the exhibitions and the stories it tells
- Work as an integral part of the team to ensure delivery of the standards and targets expected of a world-class visitor attraction.
- Support the RVC Management in the delivery of educational workshops and visits.
- Motivate, and support the Visitor Centre Team to deliver the highest standard of customer care to all visitors at all times.
- To act as Duty Manager and key holder when required, to ensure the Visitor Centre is opened and locked in accordance with the operational and security procedures and to suit the demands of the business.
- Ensure high standards of presentation within the centre are maintained at all times.
- To work closely with the RVC Management to ensure the safety of all visitors whilst on the premises.
- Act as a designated first aider, and fire marshal
RVC will be open six days a week all year round. Lead Guide will be required to work on average 8 – 24 hours per week, depending on shift patterns. This will include at least 3 weekends a month. Hours will increase at times to cover staff holidays and absences and may be less in the winter months. Flexibility and willingness to work weekends is essential.
You'll need to have:
- Knowledge and passion for climate change issues, sustainable energy, wind power generation and the Rampion project.
- Excellent communication skills for dealing with a wide range of visitors, including children
- Good interpersonal and team leader skills to motivate a team of staff
- A methodical, motivated and customer-focused approach to work
- An enthusiastic, friendly and confident manner
- Basic IT skills to help with troubleshooting interactive displays
- Experience of working with the general public in tourism and leisure, or similar
- Some understanding of facilities management & health and safety
- Experience of working within an educational visitor centre attraction
- Experience of teaching school children
- Social media marketing experience
The successful candidate will need a clear and up-to-date DBS prior to starting the role.
The position will commence in February/March in preparation for the Visitor Centre opening.
TRS Staffing does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant UK legislation. Please note! You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation before applying for any job. TRS Staffing acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment & an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003.
Our latest jobs
Colombia City, WA
Market Related (Neg)
Durban, South Africa
Competitive salary package
£450 - £500 per day
19 February 2020
07 February 2020