The key objective of a Senior Contracts Engineer is being responsible for managing and administrating all main contract activities on Projects in a timely, quality focused and budget driven way. All activities will be performed in accordance with Bluewater's Corporate Management System.
A more detailed description of the job:
- Is responsible for the preparation of tenders for all disciplines and project specific contract strategy e.g. bidders list and project specific terms& conditions.
- Is responsible to compile all required information from other departments e.g. engineering, planning, procurement etc. and issues Invitations to tender.
- Is responsible for the administration and keeps records on all issues during tender phase.
- Is responsible for the evaluation and negotiations both commercial/contractual and co-ordinates technical evaluations of the received tenders.
- Organizes and chairs clarification meetings and kick-off meetings.
- Organizes the Tender Board and provides the required documentation.
- Is responsible for the preparation and issuing of contracts and for the accurate administration of the contract and issue of addenda and/or amendments.
- Monitors and controls contract variations(subcontracts and client contracts) in close cooperation with project team.
- Prepares and issues contract summary reports.
- Is responsible for all contractual correspondence and for close-out contracts.
- Assists the Project Managers on all contractual issues.
- Supports other departments on contractual and commercial matters.
- Keeps knowledge and procedures up-to-date on all relevant aspects and shares this within the section.
- Supports and coaches colleagues to improve quality and overview contracts of colleagues if required.
- Reports regularly to the Section Head Contracts on personal achievements and section matters.
- Uses and maintains corporate standards, plus develops and proposes improvements on these.
You will report directly to the Section Head Contracts.
A strong Senior Contracts Engineer with good work ethics with a professional level of attention to detail and demonstrable commercial awareness. Furthermore, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Legal, Commerce or equivalent by experience.
- Over 10 years experience in contracting environment within the oil& gas industry.
- English excellent, verbally as well as in writing.
- the willingness to travel on short-term overseas business trips, as well as longer-term assignments
Our latest jobs
Ciudad de México
Lake Charles, LA
Based on current contracting rates
07 February 2020
15 January 2020