The role will see you support the SHE Manager to build and maintain firm relationships through strong engagement with key stakeholders including Regulatory Authorities, Industry Bodies, Designers, Contractors and joint venture partners.
Share lessons learnt from incident investigations across the project.
Carry out assurance audits against the application/implementation of the Safety Charter as well as reinforcing positive and challenging negative behaviours when observed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Experience of managing high hazard industry risks related to the offshore wind renewable industry.
• Application of SHE policies and strategies in a project environment.
• Working Knowledge and application of Irish Construction Regulations - SAFETY, HEALTH AND WELFARE AT WORK (CONSTRUCTION) REGULATIONS 2013
• Experience in procuring, managing and monitoring performance associated with PSDP/PSCS appointments
• Understanding of development, design and construction activities.
• Experience in a similar role for a large-scale offshore construction project
• Experience of pre-assembly, Installation, and commissioning activities.
• Experience of new build onshore substations and the processes involved with managing safety from the system.
• Experience in Incident Investigation using a formal recognised process
• Experience reviewing and commenting on PSCS/subcontractor construction phase plans and HSE plans
Essential Functional / Technical Skills
• Undergraduate qualification in Occupational Health and Safety Management and/or hold a scientific, environmental, civil, electrical or mechanical engineering qualification or sufficient industry experience (Minimum of 3 years)
• Registered member of IOSH or equivalent professional body (or desire to work towards)
• Detailed knowledge of qualitative and quantitative risk assessments techniques
• Good understanding of SHE Management Systems, SHE Risks & Republic of Ireland Legal Framework
• Trained and experienced in Incident Investigation.
• Determine degree of statutory compliance and anticipate the potential impact of new legislation.
• Managing specialist SHE technical disciplines
• SHE review of design, construction and operations solutions
• Fully understands the commercial impact of decisions
• Ability to produce business level and operational level SHE related documentation including procedures, guidance notes and contractual requirements.
Personal Attributes / Competencies
• Acts as a Role model to establish effective team working.
• Committed to and believes in the leadership team(s) and their decisions and actions.
• Maintains business focus.
• Facilitates and supports creative solutions to problems.
• Ability to work and deliver against challenging constraints.
• Confident personality – ability to coach senior leaders and challenge their approach effectively
• Streetwise – ability to engage and communicate effectively with people all levels
• Awareness of personal and corporate safety practices.
• Ability to proactively drive positive change.
If you are interested to learn more, please apply with your updated CV!
Our latest jobs
Mexico DF Distrito Federal
MEX$30000 - MEX$30000
Ciudad de México
Johannesburg South Africa