We currently seek a high caliber Site Safety Manager for a long-term basis within our client’s team of experienced professionals. Based in Salton, CA
Responsibilities include managing the implementation of H&S policies, supervise con-tractors, deliver safety training for employees to provide a safe and healthy workplace and assure compliance with company policies as well as applicable OSHA, state and local regulations. The Safety Manager will be responsible for overseeing and ensuring proper safety protocol is followed by all personnel on-site during the construction, commissioning and start-up of the project.
• Work with site EPC personnel to implement and manage a proactive behavior-based approach to Health& Safety. This includes a strong emphasis on personal responsibility, incident prevention and a management systems approach to compliance
• Supports the development of H&S policies, programs and procedures to establish a culture of health and safety.
• Ensures compliance with all regulatory bodies and standards(including OSHA, EPA, etc.).
• Coordinates OSHA reporting and posting requirements;
• Files all documentation required for the Safety Program File;
• Continuously evaluating employees and contractors practices, procedures to assess and reduce risks for the benefit of employees and contractors.
• Evaluates contractor’s safety programs
• Oversee and enforce compliance with all OSHA, federal, state and local laws, ordinances, and regulations and maintain compliance with DOT regulations;
• Prepare and conduct training and presentations for health and safety matters and accident prevention.
• Inspect equipment and machinery to observe possible unsafe conditions.
• Lead accident or mishap investigations to identify causes and recommend improvement opportunities and preventive and corrective measures.
• Report on health and safety awareness, issues and statistics through key performance indicators(KPIs) and other analytical tools.
• Visit work areas to conduct safety audits on personnel, equipment, materials and adherence to work requirements. Perform periodic safety and health risk assessments and compliance audits to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
• Organize, facilitate and report on meetings that focus on specific safety and health issues including regular Employee Safety Committee meeting.
• Manage and facilitate existing safety programs such as New-Hire training and contractor Safety Orientation.
• Manage site safety equipment needs and requirements.
• Recognize unsafe conditions, environmental or health hazards and take necessary steps to protect the public, employees, contractors and the environment.
• Develop and comply with assigned safety budget.
• Assist employees and crews in the planning, recognition, evaluation, and mediation of risk for the Project.
• Provide or direct injury care for employees and contractors.
• Manage the Drug& Alcohol Program.
• Ensure that emergency response equipment is maintained in proper working condition.
• On a continuing basis, become familiar with federal, state and local regulations, statutes, orders and standards.
• Participate in and contribute to project planning and hazard analysis
• Perform other duties and special projects, as assigned.
Requirements/ Must haves:
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent experience
• Minimum of 5 years of general construction experience
• 3 years of solar industry experience preferred
• Subcontractors management experience
• Have an operational knowledge of construction safety, OSHA, ANSI, and other applicable standards, regulations, laws, and procedures
• Excellent interpersonal skills and proven experience building relationships
• Detail oriented;sufficient to manage multiple priorities and tasks
• Knowledge of relevant HV Codes and regulation
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Positive and professional attitude
• FA/CPR/AED preferred
• OSHA 30/510 required
• OSHA 500 preferred
• CSP/CHST preferred
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Suite including Excel, Word and Outlook
• Must have a valid current driver license
Employment Type:Contract 4-5 months
Location of Position: Job Site
Location Type:Job Site
To apply for this opportunity, please contact Omar Rodriguez ;email: firstname.lastname@example.org
TRS Staffing Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. Employment decisions are based on job related criteria and not on the basis of any unlawful criteria. We ensure equal access to employment opportunities, services, and programs.
Must have legal right to work in the United States. We thank all applicants for their interest;however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Our latest jobs
0.01 - 0.02
0.01 per hour
Cape Town South Africa
40 per hour
0.01 - 0.02
£575 per hour
£100000 - £150000
€45000 - €100000
0.01 per hour
0.01 - 0.02
20 March 2020
19 February 2020