Independently performs engineering activities related to all phases of Control Systems lifecycle, including turnkey design, systems integration, construction support, operational support, and design enhancements required to improve system capabilities. Able to interface directly with the Client to understand design requirements and provide the required solution(s). Requires knowledge and understanding of good project management practices related to project initiation, planning, execution, and cost controls.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
• Provide turnkey design and Client operational support for the following:
• PLC/PAC/RTU Configuration and Programming
• SCADA/HMI Database and Graphics development
• Testing procedures and manuals
• Third-party equipment communication and data transfers
• Network Infrastructure
• Prepares System Architecture diagrams, Logic diagrams, Cause and Effect matrices, Control Philosophy documents.
• Communicates equipment design to Client and other design disciplines.
• Reviews and approves technical design drawings for the assigned segment of a project.
• Participate in plant commissioning activities, plant start-ups, and other field assignments as required.
• Participate in Control Systems hardware and software inspections or tests at Vendors' facilities.
• Participate in Client design meetings and/or document review to include PFDs, P&IDs, PHA, LOPA, equipment lists, instrument index/specifications.
• Ability to identify and define design deficiencies and provide solutions through clear and precise communication.
• Conducts field trips to existing Client assets to gather operating data and equipment information.
• Bachelor of Science (or higher) degree in Engineering or Computer Science. (May consider the equivalent experience in lieu of degree.)
• Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated experience. (10+ years preferred.)
• Knowledge of industry standards related to documentation, basic regulatory and discrete control, loop tuning, and safety systems.
• Experience reading and developing Process Drawings, I&E Drawings, Cause and Effect Diagrams, Specifications and Control Narratives are required.
• Knowledge and experience programming and configuring the following:
• PLC, PAC, RTU hardware from Allen-Bradley, Modicon, Siemens, Emerson, and ABB
• SCADA/HMI platforms from Allen-Bradley, Inductive Automation Ignition, GE, and Wonderware
• Inductive Automation Ignition experience highly desired
• Flow Computers: Emerson ROC, ABB TotalFLow
• Relational database solutions such as MySQL and/or MSSQL Server
• Report development
• Knowledge of network infrastructure design, network component configurations, and security.
• Experience working with licensed and unlicensed radio systems highly desired.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to deliver clear messages to management.
• Travel (approximate 50% of time).
For more information or to apply, contact Stephanie Warneke at Stephanie.Warneke@TRSStaffing.com
Our latest jobs
Mexico DF Distrito Federal
₹500000 - ₹1000000
₹500 per hour
Mexico DF Distrito Federal
CA$70 per hour
Competitive salary package
20 March 2020
19 February 2020