I am looking for an experienced WTG Commissioner/Commissioning Technician to join with my client, who are a large, international Wind Turbine OEM. This is a full time, staff position with a base location in Cork. This position will be perfect for those who enjoy travelling to various sites across Europe. Candidates from Rep. Ireland are highly encouraged to apply.
Your role will be to take a WTG from a mechanical state into an early operational state, including all associated tests and verifications of equipment condition for safe turbine operation. It should be ready to handover to not only Service but also to Customers. My client is looking for someone with the following:
• A good level of experience as an Electrical or Service Technician
• Previous experience as a commissioner
• Experience in technical report writing
• Experience in electrical/mechanical installation, voltage testing
• Physically fit – able to work at heights
• Health and safety conscious and awareness
• Able to work or lead a team
• Willing to travel on a regular basis, including weeks away from home
• Willing to work shifts and overtime, sometimes at short notice
The rotation will be 3 and 1, with OT available at x1.5, including x2.0 should you work the 4th week (if available).
Duties and responsibilities:
• Ensure that all commissioning activities and tools comply with general HSE regulations and specific HSE regulations for construction sites.
• Responsible for the safety of himself, his partner and other stakeholders affected by their work.
• Responsible for accurate completion of all commissioning documentation and report the commissioning status to site management.
• Commission the turbine and its associated assemblies.
• Report quality, status and progress issues to the site management and Lead Commissioner.
• Rectify defects during the commissioning process.
• The windfarm control systems and site communications readiness.
• Support on Technical problems during the Project Management phase.
• Responsible for Condition Monitoring Commissioning and testing.
• Conduct Pre commissioning inspections to ensure turbine readiness.
• Issue of Q-Notes / non-conformity reports (NCR) during commissioning period.
• Order parts required for repair through site management.
• Report quality deviations for input into the uniform snag list.
• Fix minor quality issues (e.g. cabling problems) upon identification
• Forward commissioning report for the converter to the converter manufacture (for warranty reasons).
• Capture data and parameters prior to operational release and send to the Head of Commissioning.
• Carry out independent fault analysis and repair minor faults to the equipment, with feedback to the Site Manager.
• Coordinate with the Site Manager the activities related to the switch-on and switch-off operations of the WTG/WF.
• Qualified to Engineering Level (HND / HNC) or Degree or equivalent.
• Completed Commissioning training (off and on the job).
• Full Clean Driving Licence
• Fluent in English
• Health and Safety (LOTO / WTRS)
• Computer literate, able to use MS Office, Excel Word, Project, Power point.
If this sounds of interest, can you please send me an updated CV and let me know the best time/number to give you a call.
TRS Staffing does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant UK legislation. Please note! You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation before applying for any job. TRS Staffing acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment & an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003.
Our latest jobs
₹300000 - ₹500000
New Delhi India
$58240 - $68640
Williamston South Carolina
Mexico DF Distrito Federal
Durban, South Africa
Durban, South Africa
$26 - $29 per hour
03 June 2020