You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
We are currently recruiting a Buyer (contract) to work with our Procurement team in our Farnborough office. Fluor is currently experiencing large growth across all project areas, with the current need for a buyer for projects involving Sustainable Aviation Fuels (SAF) and battery materials.
Candidates need experience in project purchasing in an engineering environment. As a Buyer you will have ownership of all pre and post - order purchasing activity for major global Oil & Gas EPC projects, from preparing procurement plans, issuing inquiries, quotation summaries, pricing negotiations and purchase orders through to management of all post order activities including arranging inspections, expediting and final delivery of equipment and materials.
• The procurement of allocated commodities of the required quality at lowest cost consistent with material requisitions, departmental and project requirements and at correct delivery point within scheduled time limits
• Compliance with code of business conduct and ethics, corporate policies, procedures, and work practices
• Preparation and issue Procurement Plans and obtain necessary approvals
• Liaising with the Inspection group or other inspection organization to obtain inspection of equipment and materials
• Recommendations to Project Procurement Manager any necessary visits to Suppliers to apply pressure to maintain or improve performance
• Ensuring the correct finalization of orders in accordance with project procurement execution plan
• Assisting in the settlement of back charges and discrepancies when requested by authorised construction personnel
Skills / Qualifications
• Good project purchasing experience
• Client facing experience
• Direct purchasing experience
• Proven ability to prepare negotiation strategies / techniques and lead negotiations
• Very good knowledge of project procurement execution (cradle to grave)
• Education to A level standard - preferably with Business or Engineering knowledge
To apply for this opportunity please contact Peter Cheal: email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
Our latest jobs
$80000 - $80000
£30 - £90
€62000 - €87000
22 September 2023
17 August 2023