Position Title: Governor Controls & Automation Engineer
Reports to: Service Manager, Houston
• Responsible for the day-to-day governor and control system service activities for RPG in Houston.
• Responsible for running the operation of the Heinzmann test stand in Houston.
• Responsible for training others in the use of the test stand as directed.
• Assist in the configuration and installation of the electrical and control upgrades in the housed diesel generator set units currently in inventory. Assist in the commissioning of the units.
• Troubleshoot electrical and controls problems in the shop, on the phone, and in the field.
• Provide sales support when visiting customers in the field.
• Assist with mechanical overhauls and maintenance as directed.
• Handles special projects as assigned by the Service Manager or General Manager.
• Work may be done both in the field and in the shop. Shop work may include running of the test stand in the shop, maintaining proper level of inventory, writing service reports, and generating invoices. Field work may include installation and removal of systems, commissioning, testing, and servicing.
• Applications are mainly marine and power generation..
• As a separate matter, and if assigned, the Governor Controls & Automation Engineer will also be responsible for traveling to perform service in adjacent territories.
• Ensures customer satisfaction, safety and profitability.
• Establishes a culture of professionalism and open interactive team communication with a focus on a sense of urgency.
• Meets or exceeds the customers’ expectations as well as the Company’s initiatives and maintains Caterpillar’s standards of excellence.
Our latest jobs
$80k to $135k
R60,000.00 per month (Plus benefits)
Durban, South Africa
Ciudad de México
$110,000 - $130,000
70,000 - 85,000
$120k + bonus
75,000 - 85,000