Our client, a leading EPCM with projects worldwide, is currently recruiting for a Local Business Coordinator to join their team in Kitimat, BC. This position is a contract term.
In this very exciting role, the qualified candidate will support the project by providing support to all interested local businesses seeking information on opportunities such as subcontracting and procurement that may be required by the project. Some duties include registering, pre-qualifying, and business matching with awarded contractors and local businesses. This candidate will be responsible to provide clear and up to date information on the project to external parties.
- Management of the local vendor database
- Ensuring contractors and subcontractors comply with local content requirement
- Provide support to the Labor Relations teams when needed
- Build relationships with contractors and their representatives
- Raise all issues and concerns to the Indigenous and Local Content Manager
- Interaction with interested Indigenous and local businesses, as well as Joint Ventures to support the registration, pre-qualification, and business match with awarded contractors and project teams
- Maintain and build new relationships with contractors and their subcontractors project managers, human resources and reporting teams representatives
- Experience on a major construction project would be an asset
- 5+ years of working in a similar role
- Working knowledge of BC and other Unions, such as CLAC, CMAW, and Building Trades
- Valid BC Driver’s license is preferred
- Knowledge of Supply Chain systems and requirement
PLEASE NOTE: Only those eligible to work in Canada will be considered for this position and only those selected for interviews will be contacted. TRS is an equal opportunity company.
To apply for this position, please send your Word formatted resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
TRS Staffing Solutions Inc. specializes in supplying engineers, designers, project managers, and other technical and professional services personnel to a broad spectrum of industries worldwide.
Salary ranges are estimated, and may be negotiable depending on the candidate's level and quantity of experience.
Our latest jobs
$75k - $95k
San Antonio, TX
Ciudad de México
Den Helder, Netherlands
R22 000 per month (Negotiable)
Durban, South Africa
Market Related (Negotiable on Experience)
Durban, South Africa