TRS Staffing is seeking a Safety Manager for a renewable energy (solar) client in San Carlos, CA.
This role will be the EHS & Sustainability leader for managing and implementing the environment, health and safety (EHS) requirements of projects (NTP to COD) to ensure the project is constructed in compliance with applicable EHS legal and other requirements. This position is responsible for understanding, training and implementing EHS requirements, plans/processes to be executed by the EPC teams and Client project managers towards continual improvement of EHS performance and effective control and monitoring processes. The EHS Manager reports directly to the VP of Quality and EHS.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute and implement “EHS roadmap” based on business strategy. This will require collaboration with cross functional management team and regional team as well. Thereby, you’ll adapt, promote and implement global EHS programs & initiatives and monitor their effectiveness.
- contribute and lead projects related to EHS Roadmap
- Ensure that all applicable legal and SB Energy internal requirements in the area of EHS & Sustainability are implemented and a certifiable EHS Management System is maintained and is effective.
- Warrant EHS Management System implementation and drive continuous improvement for the Country organization. You’ll
- Plan, implement and follows up the audit/ assessment/ inspection programs (including certification audits where applicable).
- Participate in the Country Crisis Management Team
- Plan and align the budget & personnel resources for EHS in the Country, along with participation in the selection/ staffing of EHS positions.
- Ensure an adequate competence management and training system for EHS-related competences. It is extremely important that the local legal requirements and the EHS & Sustainability Policy Framework have been fulfilled by all projects operating in the Country, and your guidance and leading the organization in the planning, execution, ongoing analysis and improvement of EHS related measures will help a great deal with that
- Work with the EPC partners to ensure that applicable statutory requirements are identified and accorded to and contribute to analyzing stakeholder EHS requirements.
- Responsible for implementation of EHS & Sustainability related risk management in processes & projects.
- Work with EPC teams for EHS reporting at local and regulatory levels.
- Work with the project team to ensure the following expectations are met: •
- Evaluate EPC project contracts for compliance against requirements that is based on an understanding of health and safety hazards, environmental aspects, EHS risks and EHS legal and permit requirements •
- EPC project contracts and implementation plans have EHS-related requirements incorporated in them
- Inspect and monitor implementation of control plans and deviation approvals for different sites
- Respond to project site EHS related emergencies, report, investigate and identify appropriate corrective actions/solutions to prevent recurrence
- Review related data trends of incidents (including audit findings, corrective actions, government violations, citations) and identify continual improvement actions.
- Serve as resource for EHS related risks and opportunities as well as operational knowledge of construction safety, OSHA, ANSI, and other applicable standards, regulations, laws, and procedures, for all project team members/operating group management
- Support development of an EPC pre-qualification and balanced QEHS EPC scorecard to continually improve EPC QEHS performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Sciences or Industrial Safety related technical field
- Minimum of seven to ten years of EHS & leading multiple projects in identifying H&S hazards and environmental aspects, reviewing risk assessments, EHS legal requirements, control plans (including training) and monitoring plan execution.
- Have valid Driver’s License
- Able to travel up to 50%
- \First Aid, CPR/AED certified
- Knowledge of application of EHS legal and statutory requirements including OSHA, EPA, DOT
- 2+ years of experience of project management within the Utility Scale Solar Projects preferred
- Construction Health and Safety Technician (CHST) and/or Certified Safety Professional (CSP) preferred
- OSHA 500 preferred / Certified for Construction Safety
- ISO9000/ISO45001/ISO14001 based management system program implementation preferred
For more information, or to apply, please contact Stephanie Warneke at Stephanie.Warneke@TRSStaffing.com.
Our latest jobs
Colombia City, WA
New York, NY
Market Related (Neg)
Durban, South Africa
Competitive salary package
19 February 2020
07 February 2020