United States Hillsboro
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
We are currently seeking an Industrial Relations Sr. Manager on a direct hire basis within our premiere global EPC client, a team of experienced engineering, procurement and engineering professionals. Based in Portland, Oregon metropolitan area.
This position manages a large functional Industrial Relations area or multiple, more complex functional areas, or a single large project at the corporate level or within an operations center. Plans and executes management functions of the Industrial Relations function. These include: Area Labor Market Analysis (ALMAs), appropriate labor posture and execution approach, labor contract negotiations, employee relations issues, coaching/counseling, etc.
- The primary function of this role will be to provide Industrial Relations support to the manufacturing expansion project, serving as the spokesperson for all union related issues on the project. The role will handle all communication and interaction with the unions ensuring union leadership is aware of any project needs and changes.
- Manage and coordinate the daily activities of the Industrial Relations functions and Industrial Relations specialists
- Set priorities for the Industrial Relations specialists to ensure task completion and coordinates work activities with supervisors/managers. Decisions are guided by policies, procedures, and business plan
- Maintain in-depth knowledge and understanding of Industrial Relations procedures
- Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines
- Typically manage personnel and provide an environment for the development and professional advancement of staff members, including on-the-job and formal training and development opportunities, and timely performance feedback
- Other duties as assigned
- Accredited four (4) year degree or global equivalent in applicable field of study and ten (10) years of work-related experience or a combination of education and directly related experience equal to fourteen (14) years if non-degreed; some locations may have additional or different qualifications in order to comply with local requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and other stakeholders
- Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job
- Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines
- Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
- Local to the area with working knowledge of local unions and contacts
- Participate in and responsible for all functions such as Area Labor Market Analyses (ALMAs), Industrial Relations Contingency Plans, labor posture letters, project assistance/support, etc.
- Manage all Industrial Relations functions for projects
- Interface and maintain a close relationship with groups inside and outside the organization (other departments, business groups, projects, vendors, associations, labor organizations, etc.)
- Manage record keeping, reporting and documentation that may be required to meet corporate or regulatory requirements, including monitoring initiatives
• Basic computer and software skills to include the use of word processing and email as well as the basic use of spreadsheets and electronic presentations
• Strong public speaking, presentation, training, teaching, and writing skills
• Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• High critical thinking/reasoning ability
***Notice to Candidates: Background checks are carried out as part of any conditional offer made, including (but not limited to & role dependent) education, professional registration, employment, references, passport verifications and Global Watchlist screening.
To be Considered Candidates: Must be authorized to work in the USA without sponsorship***
Employment Type: Direct hire
Location of Position: Hillsboro, Oregon
Location Type: Facility/Office
Pay range: $135K/yr – up to $150K/yr
To apply for this opportunity, please contact Ora Chak; email: Ora.Chak@trsstaffing.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
Our latest jobs
United States Petersburg
United States Charlotte
United States Summerville
£ 40000 - £ 65000
United Kingdom London
£ 50000 - £ 75000
United Kingdom London
United States Greenville
United States Kingsport
United States Greenville
$ 1 Yearly
United States Tucson
$ 90000 - $ 130000
United States Newport Beach
22 September 2023