Job Title: Receiving Controller
Salary: Market related
Contract/ Perm: Perm
• Check if the goods ordered match the item code and purchase order number and ensure that the right stock is received and processed.
• Check any discrepancies from suppliers’ to ensure that suppliers’ are given the correct goods return note at all times. Follow up on all goods return notes for matching credit notes and/or re-invoices
• Process all receipts into Navision by close of business on the day of delivery.
• Manage the bin allocations of all received stock by ensuring the correct bin location is allocated on Navision and that the binner/s provide proof that the items have been correctly physically binned in the allocated bin. This extends to control the re-brander/binner employee as well as the goods receiver.
• Support Finance in the GRN report daily to ensure effective control and accurate data
• Control access to and from workshop on at all times.
• Control the housekeeping in the receiving bay, receiving office and rebranding station to ensure that these areas are well maintained and easily, always neat and tidy as well as be free of safety hazards at all times.
• Ensure that the security both internally (as in safeguarding of confidential company information) and externally as in the content of customer relationships and components, products is maintained at the highest levels on a daily basis.
• Comply with the company’s safety instructions and legislative requirements.
• Ensure that the stores gates are kept locked at all times and that no unauthorized personnel have access to these areas.
• Ensure that you are aware of the industrial relations procedure and to ensure that the correct disciplinary procedures are followed.
• Where necessary, to ensure that customer complaints are treated as priority and resolved to everyone’s satisfaction. Evaluate complaints on a daily basis and escalate any serious complaints to the warehouse controller/ Logistics Manager.
• Respond to all customers’ spares enquiries; delivery schedules, and other information required by the customer in accordance with the company’s requirements on a daily basis.
• Handle any escalated queries related to customers, providing all necessary information. If unable to provide all the information, then must take responsibility for obtaining the information from the relevant departments and still respond to the requester in a timeous manner.
Cycle counts/stock take
• To support in regular cycle counts as requested and required by the stores controller or Warehouse & Logistics manager and enter this on the schedule provided and must make yourself available for any stock count when and if instructed to do so
• Ensure that the company’s Policies are adhered to and implemented at all times.
Ad Hoc Projects
• Assist Management with any ad hoc projects/requests at all times.
• Goods receiving bay, Goods receiving office, Rebranding station
• Matric/Grade 12
• Three to five years’ experience in Receiving or related function
• Valid driver’s licence
• Excellent communication skills in English
• Excellent proven interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently
• Customer focus and liaison
• Responsible to meet deadlines and targets
• Time Management
• Well groomed – neat appearance
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to manage time and to be punctual
• Ability to work well and under pressure
• Computer literate
• Knowledge of Store keeping & Stock control or related
• Part books knowledge
• Product knowledge
TRS Staffing does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant South African legislation. As per legislation, due consideration is given to previously disadvantaged individuals.
Our latest jobs
Cape Town, South Africa
Perth, Western Australia
R 600 000 - R 750 000 per annum